Discuss Looking for some help finding a switch in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here so sorry if this isn't in the right area and what not. I'm running into dead ends everywhere I go, so I looked up Auto Electrical on google and you guys where the first to come up so I'll give it a shot.

I am wiring in some lights on a piece of ag equipment. The machine has the harness already, so I am just looking for the switch. This is the style plug that I need, I would really like to keep that plug so I don't have to start hacking up the harness. I can get it from the machine manufacturer but they want 75$ (Canadian)....... Can't see it happening. Anyways, it's an Eaton switch, with 10 pins, I looked on their site but couldn't find it. Maybe I just missed it. I know it's still a current switch because their cranking out these machines everyday using them!

My question is does anyone have any idea where I can find this switch, or something very similar? I want it to look close to OEM as possible. I do not need the decal, infact just a blank switch is better.
IMG_4231_zpsi54rqy9z.jpg

IMG_4232_zpsjagg3xxg.jpg

Any help or leads at all is very much appreciated!!

Hi dude,what does this switch operate? How many,and what functions is it required to switch? It is a possibility that the cost may be due to the switches internal "extras",or just a makers mark-up...who makes it?

Hi dude,what does this switch operate? How many,and what functions is it required to switch? It is a possibility that the cost may be due to the switches internal "extras",or just a makers mark-up...who makes it?
That switch just operates the on/off for mirror heat. It's a 2 position on/off switch. I'm guessing it's just a markup from Case trying to make money on parts. Case get's the switches from Eaton, who builds them.

Should be a fairly straight forward switch, I just want to match the style and plug.

Hi,we have a couple of Maxxus and Farmall models around here,but not popular enough for me to come across one to play with.

On heated mirror use,even with an in-built timer/off and ignition off/trip,it seems very expensive.

You may be lucky enough to find another tractor model,or truck,which uses the same control layout,with a cheaper offering...i would firstly try the model specific forums,at home and abroad,including following some of the obscure agricultural interest threads...i have gleaned many "heads-up" on parts and fault finding,this way.

Reply to Looking for some help finding a switch in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net