Discuss Lost Customer - council in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

highspark

Customer needed an "NIC Certificate" for his property in order for him to recieve a grant.

Phoned me today and asked if I could do it. Said yes but it's not an NIC certificate. I'm with Napit and it's an EIC.

He said, oh I'll phone them back and tell them I've found someone.

Rings back 10mins later. Council says it HAS to be an Niceic Certificate.

Can't wait to get on the phone in the morning. It's left me embarrassed trying to explain how everything works and fuming at the information my council is giving out. Right throbbers!!!

Customer needed an "NIC Certificate" for his property in order for him to recieve a grant.

Phoned me today and asked if I could do it. Said yes but it's not an NIC certificate. I'm with Napit and it's an EIC.

Can't wait to get on the phone in the morning. It's left me embarrassed trying to explain how everything works and fuming at the information my council is giving out. Right throbbers!!!
and so it trundles endlessly on....
onder how much is in it for the decision makers at council HQ then?..

All the more reason to ditch part p and all electricians have to be licensed, no license no work, stop joe public buying their own stuff and having a go.
no sorry Chris...if the public want to do stuff in their own properties...then all well n good to them...its nowt to do with anyone else isn`t that.....
dont forget that theres a lot about now that are ---- scared of `electrics` and wont touch anything anyway...and the ones that feel `competent`...well, you know what they say about how `a little bit of knowledge` and all that lot....
just let them carry on...then when it all goes arse up (like when they connect all the blue`s/blacks together on lighting drops) well thats when the phone rings....

happens to me about 4 times a week , customers requiring niceic certs , for new build, conversions etc and i cant do it , it makes you sound like a cowboy we you say no im not registered with them , BC always ask for niceic aswell , should be against the law to state something so bold as that

happens to me about 4 times a week , customers requiring niceic certs , for new build, conversions etc and i cant do it , it makes you sound like a cowboy we you say no im not registered with them , BC always ask for niceic aswell , should be against the law to state something so bold as that
yeah it should....

It is. They aren't allowed to discriminate between scheme operators as all schemes are equal - it's just that the NIC have done a better job than the others down the years of getting their name out there and projecting themselves as the electric equivalent to CORGI (as used to be). Consequently a lot of bodies such as insurance companies, councils etc don't know any different, and the other scheme operators haven't yet managed to get the message across.

PJ

All the more reason to ditch part p and all electricians have to be licensed, no license no work, stop joe public buying their own stuff and having a go.
It'll never happen, too many people have too many vested interests for part p to be ditched, the only thing we can hope for is continued amendments to it.
Where do you stand on people being able to buy car parts, timber, kitchen units, plaster, paint, roof slates/tiles, insulation, bricks etc etc? The easy availability of all those things and many more takes work away from tradesmen and introduces potentially hazardous situations

The sooner all the schemes are ditched the better. As has been said. A national register (with teeth). Then if you're names not on the list you aren't coming in. Get rid of all the Electrical Trainee in one fell swoop and get the electrician back to his rightful place in society, a respected person.

Reply to Lost Customer - council in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net