Discuss Low bay LEDs in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

BillyH

Anyone used low bay 60w E40 led replacement lamps? Just wondered how they compare with a metal halide 250w. Obviously cheaper to run so,more interested in light output comparison

Hi Billy, we have used these before but you need to see what the mounting height is of the fitting to determine the lamp you use, we use an 80w replacement usually, also depends on what the light is being used for i.e what lux level is required for working conditions

Mounting height would be about 4.5 metres used for general factory duties. Lux level required would be about 300 I would think but, would need to check

Last month borowed a 60&80w from cef light levels were poor

celing hight 12ft

250w mh. 265lux
80 w. led. 225 lux
60w. Led. 194 lux

factory boss did not like them

Gaz

also depends on the make, such a variation in quality of LED, as with all LED you get what you pay for! we trialled loads of LED products and its worth paying that bit extra for half decent product cos you only end up getting call outs that cost you more in the long run

Reply to Low bay LEDs in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock