Discuss Main Bonding Conductor routing method in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

Noob2013

Further to my recent post regarding main bonding.

When bonding the incoming water at the other side of the property, what is acceptable when running the cable down a wall due to be plastered?

Due to concrete floor and a terraced house, the only way is to run the cable up underneath floorboards and back down the wall.

Can it be clipped to the wall and skimmed over or does the cable require capping or oval conduit?

Seems a lot of hassle doing an extra chase down and along the way.

Cheers

Personally I would just cap it the same as any other cable, assuming it is bare block work.
If it's an existing, already plastered wall then yes you'll have to chase it in, I'd put it in oval conduit I this case

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

if it's on an external wall, you could run it outside in some bkack 20mm pvc conduit, then back in near the water stop tap.

Reply to Main Bonding Conductor routing method in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

TNC-S main supply with 16mm swa supplying garage consumer unit from main consumer unit in house, then 4mm swa supplying pond equipment through...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Just a quick question. Does a main protective bonding conductor require UV protection when run outside? I am under the impression that...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got an new outbuilding that needs power run out to it, the building is very close to the house and the original plan was to run an...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have some industrial lighting circuits to wire in a workshop and was after some fresh ideas/suggestions as to how i could best do this...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock