Discuss mains wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hey all pricing a big job that the board have also quoted for and want to know whats best way to go.
the job is new build flats in existing building ryfields in risers on each floor.what I want to know is can I then feed from ryfield to each flat (meter in the flats) with an swa straight from ryfield to the meter with no isolator switch fuse or does it have to have an isolator? can you take an swa straight into meter or does it have to be double insulated? cheers for any help

SWA should be glanded into a metal enclosure and tails then fed into Switch/fuse and meter.

Reply to mains wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, a landlord is converting a house into two flats and wants a separate consumer unit for both flats upstairs and downstairs. He also...
Replies
Views
Im in the proces of installing a meter room with 25 meters and riser. Allways i use communal area for cable route from each flats to meter room...
Replies
Views
Quick question. I want to put an isolating 2p switch on my incoming supply from the meter to the board. I want this to allow easier board changes...
Replies
Views
I’ve got a job to quote for turning 1 big flat into 2 smaller flats. The DNO are looking at installing new meters in the communal area. I need to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Got a job converting commercial property into 4 flats, 2 up 2 down all with electric meters on the outside on ground floor, SWA to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock