Discuss Making a Light switch permanently on in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

V

vanillafreak

hi there im installing hue bulbs around my house and want to remove the traditional light switches and just join the cables so the light fixture it self is permanently on and just have blanking plates on. what would i use to join the cables that is safe to do so.The lights will be controlled by voice phones and remotes.

thanks

Thanks guys and i want them not to be turned off as these lights will also be controlled via motion sensor at night and if there switched off at the wall by someone the motion sensors would useless. i could install some z wave dimmer switches behind the switch it self to automatically turn back on but these are around £50 per switch seems cheaper to just remove the switch for a couple of quid per switch

Making a Light switch permanently on {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

I think Pete999 has provided the simplest, cheapest and safest solution; one two port push in wire connector joining line and switched line. A blank plate placed over the removed switch.

One benefit of keeping switching, is that if you turn the power off to the lamps, when the power switches back on, the Hue lamps, revert to full power and if colour, they revert to white.

Why you want to remove the switches is beyond me and also I'm not totally sure that you could have motion sensors as well!

Reply to Making a Light switch permanently on in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock