Discuss Makita 18v lithium- ion battery's in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

johnsparks23

I use all the 18 volt range but have had one battery fail in 18 months. The 3Ah version. They do get daily use but I don't think this is great. Also one of my battery's, yellow clip, which holds the pins in place has broken. Anybody know if these can be repaired, as there's a lot of life left in the battery?
Anybody tried the copy's off eBay? For 40 quid I was maybe going to give them a try?

The copys are not worth it imho.

I picked up 3 genuine 3amp batteries for £150

Thats the bl1830. You say its failed have you had the flashing red 3 times? If not then keep it in the house overnight and it should charge

Fastfix.co.uk usually has very good offers

The battery is flashing red then green in the charger and holds no charge. I've heard they have a memory chip & lock out I.e end of life span. I need to get the yellow pin holder fixed in one of my battery's. Anybody know where I can send it for repair?

The battery is flashing red then green in the charger and holds no charge. I've heard they have a memory chip & lock out I.e end of life span. I need to get the yellow pin holder fixed in one of my battery's. Anybody know where I can send it for repair?

open it up and replace the dead cell.

You can charge them on an aftermarket charger after.

best course of action is on first error stop using it and replace cell because it locks after 3 errors apparently

I heard recharging them before they are fully dead extends the lifespan as the chip doesn't recognise it as a complete cycle.
Does anyone have anything to back this up?

Where can you get new cells? Suppose you just L-N with a multi meter to see which one is fooked? Then solder a new one on?

- - - Updated - - -

Or positive to negative :)

Reply to Makita 18v lithium- ion battery's in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

1. I have an Aldi Cordless Hedge Trimmer, powered by a 20 V Lithium-Ion battery. It is manifestly under-powered - jams frequently - and their tec...
Replies
Views
My little yellow friend, Dewalt 18v combi drill has a broken battery. It wont charge. Its been going for a good 5 or 6 years now, but neither...
Replies
Views
Alright guys & girls so my drill died yesterday after falling 5ft off a ladder so in need of a new one, being only a mate I can't afford to spend...
Replies
Views
B
Hey Guys, I have my makita kit for sale, all in excellent condition, selling the whole kit as a lot. In the kit:- 1 x 18v makita combi drill...
Replies
Views
C
i bought a lxt600 set for 700 and 18 months later all three batteries have packed in any suggestions?? the lithums have 10 rechargeable batteries...
Replies
Views
MarkieSparkie
M

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock