Discuss MCS 001 Consultation on MCS Website - Closing Date 30th May 2014 in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Worcester

-
Mentor
Reaction score
MCS 001 Consultation – Closing Date 30[SUP]th[/SUP] May 2014

Dear Colleague

The MCS 001 Working Group has made some updates to MCS 001, and we invite comments on the revised document.

The relevant documents can be found on the MCS website here.

The consultation is open for a period of two months and closes on Friday 30[SUP]th[/SUP] May 2014.

All responses should be sent to [email protected] using the correct response form also available on the link above.

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

MCS Administrator
Gemserv Limited
Tel: +44 (0)20 7090 1082
10 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 3BE
www.gemserv.com

i can understand this wrt consumer contracts, this doesn't work outside that environment.

We have a number of new installations and community projects to do as part of an M&E subcontract to a new build or re-furb.

- Who is the customer? the one that issues us the contract and pays us?
- Also I raised this re the Green Deal, and interestingly got this back from MCS:

I believe in this case, if you are signing a contract with the GDP for the installation of a system under MCS, then essentially, the GDP is defined as your “customer”. Therefore, you are only required to have a contract with the GDP, and not the end user of the system (the householder).

The GDA, GDAO and GDP do not need to be MCS Certified if they are not designing, installing or commissioning the systems. The MCS Certified Installer takes the full responsibility of these aspects of the installation. Therefore if your company is the MCS Certified Installer, if you use other parties in the process of installation, it is your ultimate responsibility to ensure that any external party meets the requirements of the MCS Standards.

Even though the customer is entering into a contract with the GDP for an MCS compliant system !!!!!!!!

My emphasis.

So I would interpret our M&E contracts that same way :)

Minefield :)

Reply to MCS 001 Consultation on MCS Website - Closing Date 30th May 2014 in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock