Discuss MCS assesment in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

pinty

Hello All, I'm in need of some sensible help / guidance. I've just been moved into a new section in work, in at the deep end, next week we have our MCS assessment. All the original details and paperwork are not available for use, the guy who is to become the duty holder is an electrician but has no PV quals or experience, I hold a C+G PV qual from about 5 years ago but apart from doing the course have no real experience and as for MCS I'm sinking.
Can anyone help?

Do you have an installation to show the assessor backed up with quote, solar prediction showing irradiance and payback, sunpath diagram, method & risk assessment and structural survey.

PV qualifications
Insurance

You will also need Quality management system in place

I m sure I have missed something

Just hope you guys haven't installed any PV recently as part of the MCS requirement is to show how you keep your MCS paperwork up to date .....

What do you have to do? go here, it tells you everything you need to know: Microgeneration Certification Scheme - Installer Standards
Also get these documents, follow them and you'll be fine :)
http://www.microgenerationcertifica...tractor_Certification_Scheme_Requirements.pdf
http://www.microgenerationcertification.org/images/MCS_Installer_Guidance_v1.0.pdf (that one'll frighten you :)
http://www.microgenerationcertifica..._used_for_mcs_assessment_26-03-2010_Final.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tazz,

I see you edited my post. I have NO relationship with Easy MCS it was meant deliberately to help the OP who was clearly in the DoDo, and they are about the only organization out there that could spring to his help in the timescale he had ...

First time I've seen any link like that edited out...

I saw your PM, still not sure why you edited my post..

judging by the deleted post and the other couple of posts Bryan's just made, I expect that was mainly aimed at Bryan.

well can tell you now if you get the guy we had for our MCS he will want to see paperwork for all jobs that have been registered since your last inspection, or if you have not had an inspection for whatever reason he will want to see every job you have registered to do with the paperwork side of things.
also the first inspection was not pleasant & nearly ended in 5 minutes due to not being that well acquainted with the MCS guidelines & I had been reading & working on it for 2-4 weeks in the evenings & only registered 2 jobs.
good luck & think you may need one of the providers to get you the paperwork you need that quick.

Reply to MCS assesment in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock