Discuss Meggar 1730 on site 'Software' in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Midwest

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a Meggar 1730 on site, but I'm just wondering on the compatibility of the software with someone like ELECSA. I take it that the Power Suite software will record your test results as a finished certificate, but would ELECSA approve these instead of their certificates? (As Meggar suggest). Anyone use this software?

Yes they would.
Elecsa forms are on the software as a template, along with most other approval companies
Plus the tester is excellent.
Useful threads on here if you get one.
Hope this helps.

The Megger PowerSuite software is far from intuitive. Most sparks are able to complete a paper certificate with a pen far quicker than even an experienced PowerSuite user. Megger acknowledge this by running a special course to teach the PowerSuite method.
The best test result capture system and the only one currently as fast as pen and paper IMO is the Seaward PowerPlus Electronic Forms system on their 1557 MFT, however, I dislike other aspects of the operation of that particular MFT. In an ideal world, I would like the PowerPlus or similar Electronic Forms system running on a Megger MFT.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Megger software developers will give you a trial version for you to try out before buying the software if you already have the MFT. I agree with ^^ I didn't find it particularly intuitive either. I liked the idea of 'blobbing' results from my MFT to the software. It took the software company 2 hours on the telephone to get my laptop set up to work on Bluetooth with the 1730. Tried it, found it hard to operate so ended up buying EasyCert instead.

Damm. Just trying to understand how this device works i.e. recording of results. If you carry out your tests and the figures are stored in the 1730, if you bluetooth them to your pc, what sort of format/document are those figures displayed in (if you don't use any software, 'Power Suite/Easy Cert)? If you get my drift :confused5:

Just had a go with a trial version of Easy Cert, looks pretty good, but ÂŁ175 it's not cheap.

Last edited:
Do you mean what programming language?

The Megger stuff you'd have to ask their software guys. Megger don't do the software, it's a 3rd party company.

EasyCert doesn't allow you to transfer results from your 1730 to your PC. The Megger software was so laborious to use I decided that I could be just as quick using my laptop or EasyCert on my iphone to tap in the results.

Have to say that customer support on both products has been very good. The guy at EasyCert answers queries very quickly

My ideal solution would be if you could transmit your Megger results from the machine into my iphone

What I would like to do is record all my test results in my MFT, then transfer them to my pc straight into a certificate for printing off to give to the customer. So I think what you are saying is the 1730 with the power suite will do this but the easy cert won't, but between the software packages the easy cert is better?

The MFT records a value say Zs. You then Bluetooth that value to the software. Not sure you could say, bluetooth the results for a whole circuit - other members might have to comment on that one. I found EasyCert easy to understand and operate, but you cant bluetooth results. You have to fill in the results yourself either laptop or smart phone. There are quick work-arounds like fast filling empty boxes with N/A etc and customer addresses etc. I liked EasyCert so much I also purchased the PAT software.

Reply to Meggar 1730 on site 'Software' in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net