Discuss Megger loop test roadshow in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

moospark

Just got my invite for the Newcastle do, going for sure, gets me out, might learn / win something. Anyone been to one yet? Anyone going to Toon one?

Shame, doubt you'd have to buy a pint all night once you revealed yourself. Just hoped it wasn't like the Seaward (local) do, where they show you how to switch a multi-meter to D.C.

would like to but it's too far.
Cannock seems to be about the closest Tel. Don't think Megger recognise Cheshire! Ive decided to mosey on along to Cannock - will need a passport & translator though!

Just had another look at the Megger site and noticed they appear to have added a Liverpool date (30/10/13) so I have just booked a place

If you are in North Cheshire it shouldn't be to bad to get to as it is here on the outskirts of Liverpool

so...what we in fact have here is Megger getting in on Tony Cable`s act...
caus everytime i goes to one of these trade shows they can be heard bleatin on for hours at a time about the `importance of Zs`....

and this at a trade show...for electricians....

we all know the importance of Zs. if i don't get my 8 hours, i'm grumpy as hell in the morning.

Hi All,

It's good to read the insightful banter! As our Tech Support chap who normally picks these up is off on his holidays, I have taken it upon myself to post a reply and hopefully clarify what we are up to.

These are free to attend seminars that we are (have been) trying to run in a fairly even geographical spread across the country. More dates and locales are still being added - but we won't be able to get everywhere I'm afraid.

These have come about from feedback from our Tech Support Group - basically we wanted to talk about a subject that was of interest to electricians and one that we get most questions asked. These are technical seminars on earthing and loop testing principles and techniques - that said, if you are out testing all day every day, then maybe these will not delv in to the physics of the tests enough for you. The feedback from the dozen or so I have run has all been positive - although one chap wanted a few more pictures :) !!

With regards to jumping on Tony C's bandwagon, I have been running these for 2 years at a local training centre where Tony's presentation is on the delicacy of the regulations - so maybe he's nicked my bandwagon, horse, cart, caravan........

Anyway, if you have a couple of hours, these are an informal get together that you can hopefully take something away from, that will help out in your day to day testing. Do not think that this is a sales seminar - although I do confess to using pictures of Megger testers in the slides. It's me that is presenting - so if you do come along, please be gentle!

Simon

Went to the Liverpool event last night a quite interesting couple of hours with some useful hints and tips on testing and meter selection / accuracy

It's me that is presenting - so if you do come along, please be gentle!

Not sure how you do this when two events are running concurrently or do you have a split personality or a clone

Reply to Megger loop test roadshow in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock