Discuss Megger Mft 1552 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

stuartgil

Just managed to bag myself a great deal on a second hand mft 1552, Won it for £300 on ebay although no calibration cert, every other test lead is included in the sale plus the charging unit and batteries. The guy told me that getting the unit calibrated is expensive and to register myself against the machine instead, tbh I'm at a bit of a lose, I thought calibration is around 60-100 mark! :willy_nilly:

make sure the test leads it came with are in good nic though first wont you...and replace the batterys with new....
thats before sending it to the callibration house...

cheers glenn and jay, I will replace all leads if needs be, would a local electrical supplier do the calibration or do I need to look on line? thanks for advice once again.

cheers glenn and jay, I will replace all leads if needs be, would a local electrical supplier do the calibration or do I need to look on line? thanks for advice once again.
go for value for money....good callibration houses will allow 24 hours in a climate controlled room for instruments to `normalise` before puttin em on the rig....
which begs me to ask why my part pis assessor tried offering me `callibration` out of the back of his car....

loads of calibration services around. wholesalers occasionally have cal. days where it's discounted. at a losss where you say batteries and charging unit are inc. as megger advise not to use rechargeable batts.

loads of calibration services around. wholesalers occasionally have cal. days where it's discounted. at a losss where you say batteries and charging unit are inc. as megger advise not to use rechargeable batts.

Quite right tel, the 1730 is rechargeable I believe, definitely not the 1552 as you rightly mentioned.

yes M8, they have, well they say they have, but then again they would have too to keep face.

They haven't, they added a 3wire loop which is very very accurate as good as the high loop. The 2 wire is next to useless and trips ALL electrium 6A mcbs.
The readings never stabilise properly on the continuity setting and need constant zeroing. This was last back at megger in january.

They haven't, they added a 3wire loop which is very very accurate as good as the high loop. The 2 wire is next to useless and trips ALL electrium 6A mcbs.
The readings never stabilise properly on the continuity setting and need constant zeroing. This was last back at megger in january.

Well they say they have sorted it, but I believe you haha, they will say anything to keep face

yup great bit of kit lol, actually I like the old robin I have, out of date now but lovely bit of kit and cheap too compaired to the meggar.

I like the old robin with d-lok, no good for modern rcds/rcbo's but brilliant for testing 100ma time delays and above, accurate readings >>FAST>>

Just shows though its from the mid nineties and has never been repaired, the megger 1720 is 8 months old and been in twice for repair and about to go again!

I've posted this before but I bet there was a conversation,well, a bit like this:

"is that new megger ready yet to market"?

"no, its not fully tested yet"

"well, looking at the figures and timescales I see you have spent the testing budget already, and overran the testing schedule by 2 weeks. It's tested ENOUGH - release it for marketing and we'll snag any anomolies as, er, well, er, 'enhancements'"

"But its not tested"

"shut up and release it"

yup great bit of kit lol, actually I like the old robin I have, out of date now but lovely bit of kit and cheap too compaired to the meggar.
no mike...no....
whats wrong with the older stuff.....nowt thats what i will say
and (and i will say this again)...theres still a place for an analogue low resistance ohmmeter in anyones test compendium.....every electrician should have one...

no mike...no....
whats wrong with the older stuff.....nowt thats what i will say
and (and i will say this again)...theres still a place for an analogue low resistance ohmmeter in anyones test compendium.....every electrician should have one...

well it's for sale if you want it Glen lol

Reply to Megger Mft 1552 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock