Discuss megger mft 1553 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
afternoon everyone, i have found a megger 1553 new with kewtech light and socket adapter kit, £500, does this sound like a good deal? i currently use a mft 1552 but it isnt actually mine and now they are wanting back.

how does that price sound?

if it's under 3 years, it's still under megger's warranty, that may have confused him. not sure if they warranty it being in calibration for 3 years though.

Thanks, I haven't looked on eBay to be honest. This is new, with the kewtec lightmate kit. I've been lucky getting away with not owning my own for the past year really

If its new then not a bad price. Although the new models are out now, I wouldn't get one just yet, seems like there are quite a few issues to be sorted out first

If its new then not a bad price. Although the new models are out now, I wouldn't get one just yet, seems like there are quite a few issues to be sorted out first
it's a good job megger don't make aeroplanes..... and..... if only carlsberg made MFTs, as their lager is pants.

Just yesterday I was informed that all new 1700's have had their firmware upgraded to solve some of the issues they had. Not sure how many issues it has sorted but a few people I have spoken to say they are minor anyway and they still love the tester. I'm sure a few people will now correct me... :54:

people who sell them say they have ironed out the problems, but they would say that to sell them... i poke with test meter today and they say all sorted and selling quite a few of them still...

Hi Mate the megger warranty is for 3 yrs if completed on line and the calibration certificate begins the day you use it for the first time just fill in the commission box with the date of first use this is what megger told me
then as i had a issue with a set of leads and false readings I sent it to them, they sent me another set and also a new shiny calibration cert new socket adapter lead also
one of the new leads was also damaged so i just had to send that back and got another full set with croc clips and new detachable probes
so a good service i thought
Now i have 2 sets of the red and black leads 1 green lead 2 sets of new probes and all for free Yippee

Last edited:
the 1553 is now cheap because it has now been replaced by the 1700 and I seen the demonstration by the Megger rep and he kept going on that he had the Beta version so even when they were rolling it out they were still tweaking at the software which makes me think they forced themselves into rushing it to market and now it come back and bitten them in the bum. I dont know why they do this people would have been happy if they put their hand up and said we have a problem here.

I bought my 1553 2 years ago for £640 i took that the calibration started on the date marked on the calibration certificate and got it calibrated a year later only thing is and I have mentioned this before like the tester hate the carry case so I bought a Fluke one instead

Reply to megger mft 1553 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net