• Please don't put your personal contact details in this area of the forum. These are public threads and everybody will see them. Including spammers. Even dodgy companies who cold call you. Instead of doing that, click on a persons username and click 'Start Conversation' and share those details between yourselves. :)

Discuss Megger mft1730 test lead ends. (Red and Green in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi,
Im new here so please forgive me if this has been covered.
I sent my mft1730 off for calebration a month ago and didnt check the contence of the box on its return. Unfortuneately the have lost the red and green tips. Is there anywhere I could find some of these without having to buy the whole set?
Thanks

I would contact the calibration company and explain they are missing first, they have a duty to return the meter with all the contents that were sent with it.

I would contact the calibration company and explain they are missing first, they have a duty to return the meter with all the contents that were sent with it.

I did contact them a while ago but because a couple of weeks had passed before i checked they refused to look into it even.

There must be some place where all the spares go lol?

I did contact them a while ago but because a couple of weeks had passed before i checked they refused to look into it even.

There must be some place where all the spares go lol?

Get back in touch with them, you have consumer rights, they are trying to fob you off, just tell them you had a break or something and only just opened your meter up and realised, if it was a few months down the line then I could appreciate it but a few weeks I think you hold a good case.

If you can't be bothered with the hassle then just go onto the manufacturers website and purchase some spares although you may need to buy the full leads, or purchase another brand of lead that fits but with retractable tip sleeves so you cannot lose them.. tbh until all the EU red tape came out about needing the tips insulated to Xmm etc we all used them fine and safely, unless you are calamity Jane with your testing or your scham-provider is a pain about it, I wouldn't loose any sleep, test equipment are as safe as the persons using them and I'm sure you know if you are at any risk without the tips on.

Get back in touch with them, you have consumer rights, they are trying to fob you off, just tell them you had a break or something and only just opened your meter up and realised, if it was a few months down the line then I could appreciate it but a few weeks I think you hold a good case.

If you can't be bothered with the hassle then just go onto the manufacturers website and purchase some spares although you may need to buy the full leads, or purchase another brand of lead that fits but with retractable tip sleeves so you cannot lose them.. tbh until all the EU red tape came out about needing the tips insulated to Xmm etc we all used them fine and safely, unless you are calamity Jane with your testing or your scham-provider is a pain about it, I wouldn't loose any sleep, test equipment are as safe as the persons using them and I'm sure you know if you are at any risk without the tips on.

Ill try them again but dont hold much hope, they wernt the best place ive used..
Unhelpful and £95 for the calibration without any faults. I wont be using them again!
Thanks for your adice though!

Reply to Megger mft1730 test lead ends. (Red and Green in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock