Discuss MEM MBH MCB & MR30 Pods - Replacement in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

stimpy

Hey up folks,

Got a largish 3ph MEM2000 / 2 board with MBH and MCH mcbs in some with MR30 pods. Need to upgrade to more shock protection and as usual the MR30 pods are silly money.

Wondered what folk have found to be compatible? I hear some Crabtree RCBOs may be compatible / fit.

Oh, and can't change the whole board as it's built in - very fancy listed Mill House.

Thanks.

Only Memshield fit those boards and in any case you should not even consider fitting non compatible devices. What do you mean by need to upgrade to more shock protection.

hehe.. You do make me laugh...

For the benefit of un - needed information some new works are being discussed which would require shock protection. 30ma - hence the MR30 pods reference - i'm sure you knew that already...

Also it is a very large house on a TT supply with a 100ma incomer that is suffering nuisance tripping - there are many reasons for this not excluding age and sump pumps and many items being used outdoors - the estate has many folk work there. The easiest solution in my opinion is to get rid of the 100ma incomer......

Anyone else found some compatible units?.

So you require rcds for "fault" protection as it is TT.
Pay the money and use compatible devices as no others will fit.

be aware of rcbos and TT systems . Most rcbos won't disconnect the neutral .
There is a topic in itself. Is the rcbo to be used for isolation in which case it is not suitable or, for disconnection in the event of a fault in which case it probably is. The main 100ma rcd can be used as isolation but it sounds like the OP is going to ditch that. The Regs regarding this is very much open to interpretation.

Reply to MEM MBH MCB & MR30 Pods - Replacement in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net