Discuss Mercedes Vito panel van button locks driving me insane in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well make the most of it, I hope you have a good time.

The lads say they are usually knackered when they come and they have never had to try and replace them. So no help there I'm afraid.
Maybe if you give them a good spray out with a solvent cleaner to get rid of all the gunge and rust , then put a little light lubricant in it may be enough to create room for a bit of movement .
Also I would check that there is no battery in the fob , as in my opinion this will also need a transponed signal. I may be wrong on that though.
If you read the link description you will see it has electrinic control too.
  • HOME
  • ABOUT US
  • VEHICLE CCTV
  • PRODUCTS
    • Product-CCTV-Recovered.png
    • Product-Vehicle-security.jpg
    • Product-Vehicle-Safety.png
    • Product-Telematics.jpg
    • Product-Power-Management.jpg
  • NEWS
  • CONTACT
ElectrolockElectrolock minimises risk by unlocking just a single door
Electrolock-Main-banner.jpg

ELECTROLOCK: SECURE, RELIABLE, VERSATILE
Electrolock-Who-Uses.png

Who uses Electrolock?
  • Over £1 billion protected daily with TVG locks, customers include:
  • Luxury brands and fashion houses
  • The UK's leading courier companies
  • Home delivery firms
  • Mobile engineers
  • Fleet managers for their vehicles
Voltguard-fit-forget.png

Key benefits
  • Reliable engineered security that drivers like to use
  • All the benefits of central locking without the drawbacks
  • Protects loads: the load area cannot be left unlocked
  • Improved security may reduce insurance premiums
  • Prevents unattended doors being unlocked
  • Prevents customer dissatisfaction at loss of goods
  • Cuts worry, downtime – and costs
Thieves take one look at Electrolock – and look elsewhere!
Central locking and unlocking gives great convenience - but it also leaves unattended doors vulnerable to thieves. While your driver goes for goods or tools in one door, a thief can gain access to another. The situation is compounded if the driver is too busy or distracted to re-lock the vehicle.

Electrolock minimises risk by unlocking just a single door and automatically re-locking it after a user-determined time (one to ten seconds). It is secure, reliable and versatile.

On a daily basis TVG locks (including Electrolock) protect over £1 billion worth of on-board goods and equipment all over the UK and Europe.

TVG – for the engineering behind security

Electrolock1111.png

How does it work?
The driver touches the unique user key to the reader which is positioned by each cargo door. That door will unlock, leaving the rest of the vehicle's cargo area secure.

The second part of the system ensures that the vehicle cannot be accidentally or carelessly left unlocked. Sometimes drivers have their hands full, their attention elsewhere or leave their key in the ignition, meaning the cargo door is left unsecured and unattended. With Electrolock the door will automatically lock after three seconds. This gives the driver time to ensure the door is properly latched, without inconvenience, but minimising the time the cargo area is vulnerable.

Pasted from link.

Electrolock will also relock a door automatically if it has been opened from the inside. You can configure the system so that:

Ignition keys must be removed before rear doors can be unlocked – effectively preventing idling.

Front doors have to be locked before rear doors can be opened – ensuring complete vehicle security.

Well, TVG say there is no support of information given for their locks unless they are under fleet servicing. As this vehicle is not, used to be DPDs' vehicle, they will not assist in any way. So....what to do...Suppose I will just have to figure it out and replace them with ordinary locks.

Reply to Mercedes Vito panel van button locks driving me insane in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net