Discuss meteor electrical in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

DurhamSparky

Any body used them??? just ordered a CU with RCBOs for one of my nice jobs ive been talking about!

i like to try things at least once and just wondering if any body else has used them???

RCBO 9.50ea MADNES!!! :D:D hope they dont catch fire :(

i will do...! i got a few things to be honest and want to gauge quality vs price my self!!

I try and use everything once,though still don't fancy taking the plunge on the cheaper boards as i'm quite heavy handed , its worth just settling on one manufacturer and negotiating with the wholesaler to get the best discount, the more you use the cheaper they become:)

let us know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't use that many!! so im fooked i like to shop around for best deals!! also just orded some wago stuff online as well!!! think they might change my life

Can't go wrong with Wagos got boxes of them in the back of the van only ever had one lever fail on me and have used hundreds if not thousands so far, wholesalers are getting me the two way ones for around £8 per hundred.

nice...! i just got mine from the online site..! im still new to wholesaler so cant go making demands just yet! they do have a case of them in stock but TBH they were same price as net...

I would recommend (if the price is the same) using the wholesaler over the net. Net is great for cheap stuff but they can't 'know your face' on the other end of a DSL cable. I go in my wholesalers whenever I can, but I do shop on the net a lot as well. I reckon I've had £20 worth of free stuff this year so far from my wholesalers - I'm not talking about discount, I mean when I go in all the time wanting 4 meters of this, or just 2 packs of that and they go 'Tsk wasting my time with 4 meters blah blah there, that's on the house'. A case of beer at Christmas tends to ease these giveaway gears along as well....

Anyway, point is get to know your wholesaler, and he will sort you out.

oh dont get me wrong i use two wholesalers!

Bemco in durham (main)
electric base in Stockton

(depends were i work)

bemco i do well with getting to know them ok got some free mugs and stuff other day (only had account 4 weeks)

electric base is another story! MD is good friends with owner of electrical firm i ****ed off and left in ****...
cant imagine getting much discount from them!

Had a good one with Wilts a few months back went in for 5 m of 25mm 4 core swa. Guy on the counter looks at the computer and says yep got an off cut on the shelf 5m exactly, great. He brings it to the desk it looked quite a big off cut then the guy says sorry got it wrong it's 6m, so he said he would only charge me for 5 thought this is my lucky day. Got it back to the job unravelled it, it was only a 20m off cut:D

im going to make it my mission to stop buying connector block...!! wago all the way! lol

20m off cut of swa aint bad for getting charged for 5!!! lol... nice one!

Nearly got round to trying wagos earlier in the week, but local CEF has stopped stocking them as no one was buying

City are rubbish anyway. 'Spensive:rolleyes:

Pennywise how many are you buying to get them @ £8 per 100? That's asda price, that is.

any chance that DurhamSparky is on
He was going to report back on whet the Meteor Consumer units and RCBO's are like.

right my gear has turned up from said wholesaler!! going to go have a play ! quick delivery only orded thursday night at 4pm!!

impressed so far!

so far so good HOWEVER!!!!

Downside :mad:
i have been sent a 6a Double 30ma RCBO instead of a Single RCBO which i asked for!! ARGH!!

Plus side....!! :D:D:D:D
i orded a 6way 100amp box

what i got was a

6way 100amp Box
+
6 way 3+3 100amp & 80A 30ma box (never orded just happened to be in my delivery) lol

so it takes the edge off my 6a RCBO lol.... so instead of having 6amp RCBO (for lights) and 6amp MCB (for smoke) im just going to bang them on same circuit and use the 3x3 box!! :D:D:D:D

no hassle to me!

well the build quality is what you would expect for the costs but they look VERY similar to CHINT and also have a hint of Hager in them lol...(you know the plastic flap on from of MCB lol)

overall im happy and providing it don't catch fire i will use again!

(will report again when fitted)

Reply to meteor electrical in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock