Discuss Meter Advice please FLuke 1652 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

WLAlan

-
Reaction score
Hi All - be gentle my first post as a new member.

Im looking for some advice from all you experts - Just purchased a meter to get some practice and get familiar with test equipment for the 2391 exam - Was supposed to have purchased a Fluke 1652 C but a fluke 1652 not the c model has been delivered. Is second hand not new. My question is there much of a difference between the 2 models? any limitations or advantages of the older over the new? I can see having a lot of hasstle trying to get a refund and want to be sure before I rattle down that road its worth while. The fluke manuals make it a little hard to compare like for like as dont use the 1652 model for their pics

Thanks All

I had a 1652 not C. I honestly dont know what the difference is. If you got the 1652 for a good price, then keep it. They are awesome, and will do evreything that you need for 2391 etc, cant remember if it does phase rotation, but you will get a meter on your assessment to do it anyway. If you decide you want a refund and have problems, PM me i might have it off you. I sold mine a while back on here, and now regret it, but i need 2 good MFT's for work. Have you checked the fluke website or helpline, they will tell you what the difference is.

Cheers..........Howard

Comparison of Fluke 1652, 1652B and 1652C:

The model change from 1652 to 1652B added a fast high current loop test, variable RCD current for customised settings, Pass/Fail indication of RCD tests, selectable voltage measurement L-N, L-PE & N-PE and a zero adaptor supplied as standard.
[FONT=&amp]The model change from 1652B to 1652C added a phase sequence test.[/FONT]

Thanks Guys for all your input - I am happy with the meter just the niggle as not what originally purchased - In your opinion Markie is the difference between the models something that makes much of a difference?

Thanks Gain all

The old model will do all the tests you need bar the rotation. On 2391 my tutor did not mind that some did not have.

So you may or may not have the extras like for example; auto Rcd, ramp rcd and phase rotation but these are not required for normal house installation to 17th.

Thanks Guys for all your input - I am happy with the meter just the niggle as not what originally purchased - In your opinion Markie is the difference between the models something that makes much of a difference?

Thanks Gain all

It really depends how much you paid for 1652 mate. But as a general point the only differences that might be of any practical value that are missing are the phase sequence test and variable RCD current for customised settings. The former you can just use a separate tester for 3 phase work and the later is only of any real importance in an industrial environment for testing programmable RCDs with odd nominal residual current settings. The fast high current loop test is just faster than the one on the 1652, so no big deal as the original one was not particularly slow. All the other added features can be achieved with a 1652 in another way.

Thanks guys - think ive decided to keep it - talked me in to it. I will never be doing any major work or at least never intend to currently - Most ill be looking to do is check over the odd fire alarm spur or emergency light additions - Paid £350 for the meter so not as good a deal as originally thought but will do all I need and recon I could have paid a lot more!

Thanks guys - think ive decided to keep it - talked me in to it. I will never be doing any major work or at least never intend to currently - Most ill be looking to do is check over the odd fire alarm spur or emergency light additions - Paid £350 for the meter so not as good a deal as originally thought but will do all I need and recon I could have paid a lot more!
It looks like you paid about the going rate for it mate, so you shouldn't beat yourself up over it as I'm sure it will do sterling service for you.

Reply to Meter Advice please FLuke 1652 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net