Discuss Minimum age for 17th edition.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

timo1

-
Reaction score
Hi,

Jus after a it of advice....

I've got a 16 year old lad working with me, and he is keen as mustard. I would like to pay or him to sit his 17th edition. Has anyone one done this? a few of the course providers are saying that has to be 18 to sit the exam...that cant be right surely???

All the best,

Hi,

I've got a 16 year old lad working with me, and he is keen as mustard. I would like to pay or him to sit his 17th edition. Has anyone one done this? a few of the course providers are saying that has to be 18 to sit the exam...that cant be right surely???

All the best,
According to C&G website it is for 16+, but it may be down to the course providers own requirements

Hi,

All the best,
Well it does just say 'Requirements for Electrical Installations' on the front cover, but the college I did all mine at required minimum entry requirements.

Its a bit of a different one...he is waiting to begin an apprenticeship with SSE in September,but working for me at the moment. I would like to get him his 17th so he can keep the qualification. I'm happy to pay for an external provider, but think that his age could be a problem.

Its a bit of a different one...he is waiting to begin an apprenticeship with SSE in September,but working for me at the moment. I would like to get him his 17th so he can keep the qualification. I'm happy to pay for an external provider, but think that his age could be a problem.

Where are you based?

The way things are now , I don't think you will have any problem.
The college I went too was old school .(pardon the pun) All the old hierarchy have gone ,and a lot of the courses have been dropped.
My young mate did a preliminary course and the standards have changed , to say the least.

Reply to Minimum age for 17th edition.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net