Discuss MK A3 board in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Leesparkykent

Esteemed
Reaction score
Has any one fitted one of these yet? Being 1 of the cheapest fully populated boards at £70-£80 I've seen I was wondering if they've improved? I stopped using the insulated MK boards many moons back as they are absolute rubbish IMO.

I'm supposed to be fitting one next week, don't know what it's like but it looked decent in wholesalers and for the price can't complain! May hold of and see what others think! Happy new year as well mate!

I'm supposed to be fitting one next week, don't know what it's like but it looked decent in wholesalers and for the price can't complain! May hold of and see what others think! Happy new year as well mate!

Happy new year mate, been hanging most of the day lol.
They seem to be one of the most readily available A3 boards about...most places I buy from seem to be stocking them. I've got a board change Tuesday so would be interested in opinions.

yeah 10 way, Most places are knocking them out for around £80ish. How much is a 10W A3 bg board? I know bg boards get mixed reviews on here.
not worth fitting there boards now, there metal one is £72 so id fit mk or similar.

the mk ones have a lot better build quality.

i only used there plastic one last time because of the price

Last edited:
Has any one fitted one of these yet? Being 1 of the cheapest fully populated boards at £70-£80 I've seen I was wondering if they've improved? I stopped using the insulated MK boards many moons back as they are absolute rubbish IMO.

I fired a Hi integrity one in early December.

Pros:
- the price, obviously (I paid £80 fully loaded but have since found for less)
- terminal screws are of a reasonable quality
- reasonable amount of space above mcbs

Considered:
- mcbs have a habit of leaning sideways
- the grommet stroll supplied with the CU is crap and as the holes are circular your Better off using open grommets instead (38mm for the back, which some suppliers don't stock)

Last edited:

Pros:

Considered:
- the grommet stroll supplied with the CU is crap and as the holes are circular your Better off using open grommets instead (38mm for the back, which some suppliers don't stock)
grab some of the thick 4mm grommet strip its much better

Pros:

Considered:

They still do this then :hammer:

I've installed a few metal BG boards and generally they are fine. Location of the larger knockouts for tails could be better i.e. Directly above/ below the main switch. The terminals on the main switch are far too shallow.

Fitted one MK ( like others, stopped using the plastic ones ages ago), generally ok and I didn't suffer the mcb "lean".

I've fitted a couple of mk amd3 boards and I would also agree that there is plenty of room inside and that the supplied grommet strip is crap (I prefer 38mm groomets). Bearing in mind that is for the back knockouts and there are plenty of knockouts top and bottom. Dare I say, this will be my go to board unless one with a right main switch is needed or the others come down in price :)

Last edited:
The last MK board I fitted was insulated but put me off using them for life - dreadful! for domestic boards I will only use wylex.
was interested to know why they have Honeywell written on them now, I guess they have been bought out.

The last MK board I fitted was insulated but put me off using them for life - dreadful! for domestic boards I will only use wylex.
was interested to know why they have Honeywell written on them now, I guess they have been bought out.
Have to say I fitted a Wylex A3 CU, and it was plum ugly. Never had an issue with MK, except for the twisting of mcb etc, when tightening, which allegedly they've fixed with the new A3 CU. Think the MK is one of the new ones that's better looking aesthetically IMO.

Reply to MK A3 board in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net