Discuss Moaner in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Nothing worse than fault finding on a new build and some wood butcher has his radio on max volume(radio 1). I turn it off and tell him its staying until my brain can actually comprehend the abortion that is drylinig. Simplest job on site and still they manage to screw cables and mash boxes so the lugs are facked....HOW

I still have one and still wear it warm as toast in it although the plastic shoulder pads are a bit worse for wear now LOL
Stunk like an old donkey when they were wet, I acquired one with BEA on the vinyl bit at the back, my mates dad used to work over at Heathrow and I don't know how this is relevant but he had a Sherpa van, probably a smuggler.

Times have changed that's for sure, things were tough back in those days.

But the pace of life has increased now - No time for breaks, pestering customers from mobile phones, everything has to be done yesterday, lower quality items... the list goes on. This game is still a tough one just in a different way these days.
I long for the times when I can get to site @ 8 have a brew and a chat, start work, knock off at 10 for breakfast, start back work15 mins later, knock off again at 1 for lunch, read the paper, start back work half hour later, collect tools up at 4:45 off site at 5, straight home for tea, sit and relax in front of the tv...

These days its up at 5ish on site for 7 latest, work straight through till 6 ish, may fit in ten mins for a quick sandwich. All this time phone never stops, chasing orders, fixing problems... home for 7 straight on computer doing paper work, tea @ 9, TV for half hour, quick shower, bed and then start over for another day... till Sunday where I might get a couple of hours free time when I finally switch my mobile off!

Oh The joys of running your own business!

When I was nearly out of my time I was working with an Electrician on a housing site, first job in the morning was to look for oil drum and off cuts of timber, at about 09:45 get a fire going in the drum, after knocking air holes in it to toast or butties, remember no doors or windows int these houses yet, like you say difficult to get up after all that comfort.
HOT WORKS PERMIT PETE

it's just a re badged JIB gold card. so it's nvq3.

Reply to Moaner in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net