Discuss Moaner in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Its just a JIB card. So anyone who is qualified, holds the 2382 17th edition qualification and sat and passed the H&S exam.

Anyone who qualified after 1999 needs an NVQ, before 1999 copy of apprenticeship deeds or apprenticeship completion certificate plus 2382 17th edition and pass the H&S exam.

I know a lot of slating happens towards the JIB but IMO there about the only thing out there that's trying to maintain a level of competence to get electricians status. Someone who done one of these 18 day short courses certainly couldn't get one. This is the reason these short courses push them towards self employment as to get on any decent site now you need your JIB card which they wouldn't be eligible to apply for.

Lee, and I have heard the C&G 236 don't mean nowt, you will only get a labours card. SHOUT we were good competent people.They can .... it up their bums.

Lee, and I have heard the C&G 236 don't mean nowt, you will only get a labours card. SHOUT we were good competent people.They can .... it up their bums.

What you heard was incorrect then Dave...If you done your 236 before 1999 (before the NVQ was introduced), have your 2382 to prove your up to date with the regs and sit the H&S exam then you would be graded as an electrician.

I did look at the JIB website, and I was under the impression that you needed NVQ3, I passed out in 1983 c&g 236 parts 1 and 2.Still the best course MICC, steel conduit etc. If you did not pass written or practical deferred end of.

It was a bloody good course Dave, well I'm going to say that,did not do the c to busy with work, and hated the college part, did you do the c Dave.?

I started to do the C Dave but I didn't enjoy the theory [95% of which you'd never look at again in a working lifetime] then I crashed my motorbike when a woman pulled out in front of me and broke a wrist and ankle which helped get me out of it. :)

I started to do the C Dave but I didn't enjoy the theory [95% of which you'd never look at again in a working lifetime] then I crashed my motorbike when a woman pulled out in front of me and broke a wrist and ankle which helped get me out of it. :)
Well I have to say I am certainly glad I did the C course Dave set me up for some good jobs

Welcome David !
You could start a new thread with this one if you like?
It will need a bit of fixing up, that's for sure.

this was after a new combi boiler to the house which is currently been rented from Gentoo. who do i complain to, they seem to think this is acceptable

need help, this is gentoo contractors work after a combi boiler was installed. This job was bought off as complete, could you explain in detail all that is wrong and who i can send these to as a complaint. It is located below the stairs, in a cupboard that was in constant use and is easy to access. We have children living with us. I would expect that people would lose there jobs for such shoddy workmanship, people need more respect for thereselfs.

View attachment 35305

Did you ever regret not doing it? I know several of my past colleagues who did, just out of interest.

Sorry Pete, I've just noticed your post, no never regretted it. I did 24 years working as an electrical inspector with the Council mostly to do with highways electrical stuff, streetlighting, signs, traffic signals that kind of thing. During that time I had bosses with HNC level qualifications who honestly didn't have a grasp of the basics and no practical ability, it got so frustrating and stressful that I 'escaped' with a bit of redundancy in 2014 and set up on my own. My big regret is wishing I'd done it a long time ago.:)

Someone who done one of these 18 day short courses certainly couldn't get one.

You may have spoken too soon by the looks of the article in this months NICEIC / ELECSA propaganda literature (Page 8)

You only need to have passed three NICEIC (assume DI is included) or Elecsa assessments as a QS to qualify for a JIB Gold card!

You may have spoken too soon by the looks of the article in this months NICEIC / ELECSA propaganda literature (Page 8)

You only need to have passed three NICEIC (assume DI is included) or Elecsa assessments as a QS to qualify for a JIB Gold card!

I haven't read it mate. Surely that's just to add QS on to your card which you must meet the criteria to get?

Reply to Moaner in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net