Discuss moaning customer help in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

michufc

hi i have had a bad one today i have done a rcd test on a brand new circuit today and the customer has now said that i have nackered there sky+ i cant see that myself but please any advise welcome

If they have had it installed less than 12 months, SKy will come out and sort it FOC.

If its over 12, then they have a standard call out of about £65.00 to repair or replace.

but i was not testing that circuit and its only a rcd test not insulation resistance i cant see how it could cause damage

From what you have said, you are in the right.

But this is the problem in our game.

Had this type of thing many times before, and usually, with careful explanation with a small dose of "denial", they are happy.

Every one is different though.

From what you have said, you are in the right.

But this is the problem in our game.

Had this type of thing many times before, and usually, with careful explanation with a small dose of "denial", they are happy.

Every one is different though.

honestly mate this customer is mad i changed her board about 4 months ago and there was no problems then but now she insists it my fault i have tried to explain that if i dad a i/r test then i would understand her concern but she has told my builder mate who is working there that she is going to take me to court she is proper mad

ok, lets see what happens, get some stuff in writing then. explain that it is not down to ur teating and that u will be awaiting the arrival from a letter from her solicitor if that is the action that she wants. if she owes u no money and u have tried to explain, leave it at that. otherwise u will be running around forever and a day. or ask her what exactly it is that she wants from u??...............prob money, if not get her to call sky and if they bill her, ask her for the invoice and bite the bullet to resolve it, u cant say fairer than that bud?!

i agree, durham, depends what route u wanna take........................alot of chancers out there, its the old classic 'my steak was not cooked properly'............i want a free coffee, if she is such an expert on testing then get her to explain how ur tester blew up her sky box!
If she cant, then do like i said in previous...................if it was me i would ignore her calls or tell her to poke it as u are not out of pocket!

cheers for the advise lads i am only a young lad with a 2 year old and another baby due in a couple of weeks and i dont want to pay money out if i am not in the wrong. As she is saying she wants to take me to court

I think the first course of action is to get Sky to check the box to determine the fault, ( have you been round to have a look?)

we all have the threat of court one way or another. Don't panic, as long as u can back up what u have done, then who cares what she does, either way it will cost her more in the long run!

there is a chap they no going round 2moz but he is not from sky the problem with this woman is she tries to play all trades off each other but we are all mates so we tell each other what she says she is going to have a big shock 2moz because the kitchen fitter is going to pull out because how she treats him

i killed a brand new Bosch fridge freezer doing RCD test, unless it was just coincidence. Luckily it was the mother in laws, and only 2 days old, she called them. and they sent an engineer out who put some sort of new module in it under warranty. I cant for the life of me see why RCD testing should cause any problems like this though.

Reply to moaning customer help in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net