Discuss More suffering, sad news about the tower block fire in London in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Inevitable really, just been watching the News, and some rabid Woman has stated that in Her opinion the fire was started as a revenge attack for the recent terror attacks in London, don't think the reporter picked up on it, but I'm sure someone will, all those poor people of all races and religions are hurting with the loss of loved ones, and this Woman has to come up with that rubbish, can't say what I really think of her, not on here anyway.:mad:

Conspiracy theories will pop up I'm sure, as they do in any major incident these days. Makes me mad too.

There was a young fella being interviewed who stated it could have been arson because of the huge disparity between the rich and poor in that area, a form of social cleansing.
From what i have seen of the safety issues with that building I think it highly unlikely to have been arson.

Neither of these opinions of arson had any basis in fact.

What I found sickening was to see reports of Britain first attempting to film an anti Muslim video outside a mosque that had opened its doors to help the victims of this tragedy. Absolutely disgusting.

I seen an interview with a young man who has lived in the block of flats his entire life. He thinks it was started deliberately because the powers that be wanted the flats gone to make way for hi valued properly however but it was decided to refurb them instead.

I think he was basically saying it was sabotage in the interest of deconstruction.

He made a few good points, he said in all the time he has lived in the flats the lift has never worked and there was no investment in the basic needs of the occupants.

Does make you question some things.

I seen an interview with a young man who has lived in the block of flats his entire life. He thinks it was started deliberately because the powers that be wanted the flats gone to make way for hi valued properly however but it was decided to refurb them instead.

I think he was basically saying it was sabotage in the interest of deconstruction.

He made a few good points, he said in all the time he has lived in the flats the lift has never worked and there was no investment in the basic needs of the occupants.

I can believe in the failings and corruption of developers and councils for the sake of profit, but I can't quite stretch to believing mass murder.

For flip's sake does anyone really believe that??!!

maybe they didn't think it would ever get that bad!?

In which case the fire damage to the flat with the fire would have been put right and it wouldn't have even made the news, let alone resulted in the building being destroyed/demolished!

impossible to speculate till the Fire Service and Police have completed investigations. could be as simple as a chip pan fire. i was lucky with mine. . heat alarm in kitchen activated and i managed to put it out before it got serious.

I saw on the news it was possibly a faulty fridge that started it.

impossible to speculate till the Fire Service and Police have completed investigations. could be as simple as a chip pan fire. i was lucky with mine. . heat alarm in kitchen activated and i managed to put it out before it got serious.
I agree Tel my gripe was the out and out hatred She came out with. I don't believe for one minute that it was arson either.

I think the gripes the residence association have been pressing about for years have little to do with the destruction which occurred no one could have anticipated that and it is easy to say we told you so. Blocks of flats are essentially concrete cells stacked up and make excellent fire compartments which is why the advice is to stay put in the event of a fire because historically the fire should be localised and contained. The weakness of any fire compartment is an opening such as doors and windows, doors which should have had some fire protection. The results of the investigation will be very interesting.

I saw on the news it was possibly a faulty fridge that started it.
A resident on the 4th said his fridge caught fire,

I cycled down a few days ago to see if I could find any of my old acquaintances, lots of people out on Bramley Road as well as the emergency services and a lot of the roads where shut off.

Looks horrific, photo taken from Bramley Road, the Pig and Whistle is to the right.

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 09.22.47.jpg

Watch the reports of this whilst on my hols on Sky News International.

Firstly an absolutely horrific tragedy, with many, many people losing their lives, and many more badly injured. Some of the posts on here are inappropriate.

Going back to my first line, Sky News reported on little else. They had 'experts' suggesting the cladding was not very fire retardant, and certainly perhaps not the insulation covered by the cladding. Dependant on how it was installed, there may have been an air gap between cladding and insulation, which caused a chimney effect. And potentially with windows opened, that was perhaps how the fire got into individual flats as the fire progressed. It seems, sprinklers were too expensive to be installed in the refurbishment, although the resident's petitioned for it. It also seems the fire alarms never functioned.

However, the true 'experts' stressed that no 'suggestions' as to how this tragedy unfolded, should be made, and that the results of the initial enquiry should be waited for.

I was a bit appalled the way this has been reported, where people are clearly desperately searching or hoping to find loved ones, and we hear about how terrible it was that the PM hadn't spoken to the residents, and how shock has turned to anger, and interviews by 'experts' on tower block construction & fire safety, one bloke was a historian and was no more than an expert than me.

Does anyone know if there were dry risers or even an active wet riser, when I worked on many London sites these were often installed on each floor to give the firefighters a connection so they did not have to run long lengths of hose to deal with the fire. As others have commented deepest sympathies to those affected & to all the many people involved in helping out those in their time of need & also to the great men & women of the emergency services.

Does anyone know if there were dry risers or even an active wet riser, when I worked on many London sites these were often installed on each floor to give the firefighters a connection so they did not have to run long lengths of hose to deal with the fire. As others have commented deepest sympathies to those affected & to all the many people involved in helping out those in their time of need & also to the great men & women of the emergency services.
If it had a dry riser it is doubtful it went to the top because it would take too much pressure to get it there, wet riser who knows.

So there's a huge amount of speculation and even some false news going around... best we let the authorities do their jobs and then the facts will come out.

As for jail - this pillock is got his come up-pence:

Man jailed for sharing photo of dead Grenfell Tower fire victim on Facebook - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/16/man-jailed-sharing-photo-dead-grenfell-tower-fire-victim-facebook/

Lets hope he has a difficult time behind bars.....

Not read the whole piece, but that is pretty sick. However, the 'professional media' get very close to doing similar stunts over the years, and never get a similar cumuppance!

So there's a huge amount of speculation and even some false news going around... best we let the authorities do their jobs and then the facts will come out.

As for jail - this pillock is got his come up-pence:

Man jailed for sharing photo of dead Grenfell Tower fire victim on Facebook - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/16/man-jailed-sharing-photo-dead-grenfell-tower-fire-victim-facebook/

Lets hope he has a difficult time behind bars.....

Totally agree mate, seem to be an awful lot of people coming out of the woodwork & theories abound. As for the A*****e that put the picture up, let's hope he rots where he is :mad:

From the accounts I've read seen, the fire developed in 15 mins, the fire services were then in 6 mins. Don't think any risers would have altered anything?

Reply to More suffering, sad news about the tower block fire in London in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net