Discuss motorhome alarm in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

haden

I have recently bought a 12 year old hobby motorhome which has a cobra7928 alarm the immobiliser and interior sensors all work as they should and the facility to turn off the internal sensors is in working order the problem I have is the habitation door and the under bed locker door have reed switches wired in series I assume through a relay but when you open the door it dosent set off the alarm. Can anyone explain what is supposed to happen and where the wires go from the relay. Cheers

The alarm goes off.......where the cables run or go.....well that`s the million dollar question...
Sorry my friend we are not clairvoyants on here

Well all I know is that owning a *Pikeywagon* is my ultimate dream, therefore an alarm would be immaterial!!! I would never leave it, but would be stroking it lovingly every day, it would never leave my sight. :) Also having a nice rifle on display would be a deterrant to anyone with designs on it.

I have recently bought a 12 year old hobby motorhome which has a cobra7928 alarm the immobiliser and interior sensors all work as they should and the facility to turn off the internal sensors is in working order the problem I have is the habitation door and the under bed locker door have reed switches wired in series I assume through a relay but when you open the door it dosent set off the alarm. Can anyone explain what is supposed to happen and where the wires go from the relay. Cheers
The cobra alarm is a standard car alarm I take it? right then there will be a feed to the reed switches connecting to a relay,power goes from bat +ve through switches to one side of relay coil.Other side of coil to bat-ve,probably via chassis,following this so far? Now on the alarm,there will be a cable that connects to the drivers door pin switch,the one that makes interior light come on.Still with me? Good, now one wire from a normally open contact on the relay connects into this wire,the common side of the same pair of contacts connects to -ve batt, again via chassis.side door or locker door open,this closes relay which causes a connection between door switch cable and earth.the interior light will also illuminate,this will set off the alarm.If we knew your location we may be more helpful.

Well all I know is that owning a *Pikeywagon* is my ultimate dream, therefore an alarm would be immaterial!!! I would never leave it, but would be stroking it lovingly every day, it would never leave my sight. :) Also having a nice rifle on display would be a deterrant to anyone with designs on it.

Remember most autoskparks wont take travellers cheques ..!!

The cobra alarm is a standard car alarm I take it? right then there will be a feed to the reed switches connecting to a relay,power goes from bat +ve through switches to one side of relay coil.Other side of coil to bat-ve,probably via chassis,following this so far? Now on the alarm,there will be a cable that connects to the drivers door pin switch,the one that makes interior light come on.Still with me? Good, now one wire from a normally open contact on the relay connects into this wire,the common side of the same pair of contacts connects to -ve batt, again via chassis.side door or locker door open,this closes relay which causes a connection between door switch cable and earth.the interior light will also illuminate,this will set off the alarm.If we knew your location we may be more helpful.

Location????
Would be constantly changing wouldnt it?

Boydy :teeth_smile:

May not be an alarm switch may well be starter inhibitor leave the hatch open and try to start it
Pict

Reply to motorhome alarm in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock