Discuss Moving away from electrical Installation in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

eoinmcv

Hello everyone! Sorry if i'm in the wrong place with this post but I was wondering if any one could help me? i'm looking to move out of installation work and possibly onto electrical estimation or design etc?

So i have served my time as an electrician and been on all types of jobs from shop fitting,schools,office blocks etc but unfortunatly a few weeks back i was the passenger in a car accident and have badly damaged my right shoulder and have now been left with the possible option of 6 months out. So ive decided to take the time to progress my career and try keep the work load off my shoulder.

I'm based in Northern Ireland if that helps...any info would be greatly appreciated

Eoin,

I a based in Northern Ireland myself and unfortunately experience is crucial with not many companies giving opportunities to gain experience. I went down the HNC/HND route in electrical and electronic engineering but I would recommend studying building service instead. C&G 2396 is a good starting point, ETT in Ballymena are running in April 2016 I'm led to believe.

Thanks Simon, I'm hoping all is going to be well after i get an operation

Sparkymalarky I must get a look at it,i'm just outside Ballymena so that would be handy

I went down the HNC route and got a trainee engineering role in the HV industry. Alot of large engineering firms railways/utilities etc will look at sparks with HNC to train up. Good if you want off the tool but not ideal for evryone as I miss being busy haha

Thanks fadox! I think keeping busy is what i'll miss most. I know i have had a couple of weeks off and i'm ready to pull my hair out!

Reply to Moving away from electrical Installation in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net