Discuss Multiple outside socket outlets in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Went to price job for new patio outside power possible socket and sfcu for lights.
Customer now wanting x 3 2g outside sockets. One at each far end of patio and third on far side away from house.

Previous spark has left a 2.5 t/e cable ready to go though wall spurred from kitchen socket ring which would be fine for one socket.
Cannot get ay new cable to CSU from patio without going all around outside of house.

What is best way to wire the three sockets from kitchen ring which is RCD protected. Is extending the ring around the patio acceptable. Customer wants to be able to isolate from inside ?? swa 4mm radial ??

install a 13a sfs where the 2.5 cable comes out and fuse down the 3 sockets wiring in 2.5 as a radial. obviously this limits the rating but better than rewiring, unless you have a big load, then you will need another option

install a 13a sfs where the 2.5 cable comes out and fuse down the 3 sockets wiring in 2.5 as a radial. obviously this limits the rating but better than rewiring, unless you have a big load, then you will need another option

Yep. Thanks for that. That's the only option I could come up with. Just not sure what he may plug Into these sockets at later date, as 3 doubles on a patio is a lot.

Well tell the customer of you option and inform him/Her that the limit would be 13amps

The odds are your talking about lighting and garden equipment, should be OK....as long as no hot tub, shower and cooker in the shed.

Reply to Multiple outside socket outlets in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net