Discuss Multiple Oven Installation in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been to look at some work my brotherinlaw wants doing in his new kitchen re-fit.

He is yet to supply me with all the specifications, so I can't do all the calculations as yet, but basically he wants to have an induction hob, two seperate single ovens, a steam oven, and built in microwave oven.

Initially I'm thinking that the Induction hob will be on its own circuit as its rating will probably be about 7500W, fed in 6mm to Isolator and then out to outlet point.

What would be the best way to supply the other 4 ovens ? Should I run a 6mm supply from the consumer unit to Isolator, and then loop in and out of 4 different outlet plates, or might it be better to have a local 4 way consumer unit in nearby cupboard, and have 4 x 16A mcbs supplying each appliance in 2.5mm cable ?

I appreciate you can't give exact advice without the ratings of the ovens, I just wanted to know the best way to wire up multiple ovens, as most installations I Have done before have just been one outlet point for a free standing oven, or a single oven and hob.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I would run 10mm to the hob just to be sure. Then a 6mm to the oven isolator supplying a dual outlet. The combi would have its own 2.5mm radial and i have never fitted a steam oven so cannot comment on that. All of this obviously depends on installation methods and length of run etc.

or might it be better to have a local 4 way consumer unit in nearby cupboard, and have 4 x 16A mcbs supplying each appliance in 2.5mm cable ?

that would give you the most flexible approach as you do not yet know the exact loadings.

Hi all,

Been to look at some work my brotherinlaw wants doing in his new kitchen re-fit.

He is yet to supply me with all the specifications, so I can't do all the calculations as yet, but basically he wants to have an induction hob, two seperate single ovens, a steam oven, and built in microwave oven.

Initially I'm thinking that the Induction hob will be on its own circuit as its rating will probably be about 7500W, fed in 6mm to Isolator and then out to outlet point.

What would be the best way to supply the other 4 ovens ? Should I run a 6mm supply from the consumer unit to Isolator, and then loop in and out of 4 different outlet plates, or might it be better to have a local 4 way consumer unit in nearby cupboard, and have 4 x 16A mcbs supplying each appliance in 2.5mm cable ?

I appreciate you can't give exact advice without the ratings of the ovens, I just wanted to know the best way to wire up multiple ovens, as most installations I Have done before have just been one outlet point for a free standing oven, or a single oven and hob.

Thanks in advance for your help.

You didn't tell us that your brother-in-law was Jamie Oliver!! lol!!

Reply to Multiple Oven Installation in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock