Discuss Must have electricians toys in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Not so much a toy but an essential bit of kit that i bought for £2 at a local tool market

300mm ultra long nose pliers, for getting cables in those hard to reach places

excellent addition to your tool kit!

Led lenser h14r head torch, waiting for delivery and can't wait, been putting up with ones that don't work right for too long.

Let me know how this performs. I have been needing a decent one for ages too.

EDIT: yikes just checked the prices, hope you got a good deal on it.

These 2 little toys we would be lost without in the fire alarm game....they are addressable loop testers, used to find and identify devices on the loop as well as faults. The Hochiki model even tell us the location of o/c n/c faults and loop resistance.

Loop Testers.jpg

Having only been in the game for three years, I have just bought a scutch chisel.

Why, oh will someone tell me why, was it not one of the first things I bought?

i had a scutch chisel sds attachment, made chasing out a breeze! I wouldn't be without my wall chaser now. when i was on the cards the boss had an erbaur (sp) one and it was the nuts! when i left it accidentally ended up with me and its finally died last week so im off on the hunt for a new one this weekend!

Is there a machine that can chase walls without making dust in a domestic environment, wall chasing machines are just the twin bladed circular saw aren't they???

Let me know how this performs. I have been needing a decent one for ages too.

EDIT: yikes just checked the prices, hope you got a good deal on it.

right I've got it, very good lamp. too bright if anything on full power, batteries last up to 25 hrs, bit of a faf at first getting use to all the settings but worth every penny! can't wait to stick my head in an old cupboard full of xmas paper old stinky shoes looking for an old board. £64.

Reply to Must have electricians toys in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net