Discuss Must have electricians toys in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

makita 24V sds. kicks the competition into touch.

makita 24V sds. kicks the competition into touch.

Anyone tried the new BHR242 or BHR243? (difference is with/without interchangeable chuck)
Makita BHR243RFEV Cordless SDS Plus Rotary Hammer Drill With Dust Extraction 18V Li-Ion 3.0Ah Batteries x 2

I had a look at Elex and it's a nice short unit, so maybe easier to handle in confined spaces and up ladders, unlike my present Makita SDS which is a long one with the handle on the far end.

Is the extraction as good as you'd hope?

Edit: just noticed that you're talking about 24V. I find the 18V good for everything except extended use on core drills.

Don't waste your money on the Armeg box cutter, they are crap and cost the earth, buy mine instead, it is still crap but a lot cheaper than new. £20 plus P&P.

Latest things I've bought are a martindale multimeter, bahco socket set, a wera uninsulated screwdriver set, keep my insulated ones for the good jobs :), next on the list is a cross line laser, impact driver and a new head torch.

Latest things I've bought are a martindale multimeter, bahco socket set, a wera uninsulated screwdriver set, keep my insulated ones for the good jobs :), next on the list is a cross line laser, impact driver and a new head torch.

Get the LED Lenser H14R head torch and the Bosch GLL 380-P laser, they are both exceptional!

Anyone tried the new BHR242 or BHR243? (difference is with/without interchangeable chuck)
Makita BHR243RFEV Cordless SDS Plus Rotary Hammer Drill With Dust Extraction 18V Li-Ion 3.0Ah Batteries x 2

I had a look at Elex and it's a nice short unit, so maybe easier to handle in confined spaces and up ladders, unlike my present Makita SDS which is a long one with the handle on the far end.

Is the extraction as good as you'd hope?

Edit: just noticed that you're talking about 24V. I find the 18V good for everything except extended use on core drills.

ive got the 18v and its very good, if your doing a lot of core drilling i think it would be better to get a transformer and sds max drill

Some sexy new blades for my multi tool. I feel like treating it as it did a right good job at getting some exposed floorboards up today with hardly any damage.

a new pair of legs, pacemaker, and a 5 year's supply of ------.

Reply to Must have electricians toys in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net