Discuss MWC or EICR in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

BigSim

-
Reaction score
Hi all.

I normally get a lot of remedial work from the other guys who carry out the EICRS. Some of the faults might include untraceable circuits, which after a bit of investigation can normally be found. Now, when I find these circuits then I inspect, test, and complete a separate EICR (original one is normally signed off so can't be amended as submitted to the client), but the guys tell me that I can complete a MWC for each circuit tested. Now in my mind I haven't worked on the circuit, so how can I complete a MWC? But obviously one is a lot quicker to complete than the other!

What are your thoughts?

Complete a separate schedule of test results and attach to original EICR would be my train of thought. Possibly another schedule of inspections if there are factors pertaining to the circuits that did not appear on the original. Can the EICR not be reproduced with the added data ?

Begs the questions though, why is your boss not telling you which paperwork they would prefer to see produced ? And if you can trace the circuit to test it, why cannot the original inspector ?

Hi all.

I normally get a lot of remedial work from the other guys who carry out the EICRS. Some of the faults might include untraceable circuits, which after a bit of investigation can normally be found. Now, when I find these circuits then I inspect, test, and complete a separate EICR (original one is normally signed off so can't be amended as submitted to the client), but the guys tell me that I can complete a MWC for each circuit tested. Now in my mind I haven't worked on the circuit, so how can I complete a MWC? But obviously one is a lot quicker to complete than the other!

What are your thoughts?
I would do an EICR for those circuits and then state this in the Extent and Limitations. You can also add those circuits not refered in this Report are itemised in a separate Report and give details/reference of that Report.

Presumably because they haven't been allowed sufficient time to trace them when carrying out the periodic inspection.
Probably a bit of that and not even bothering. I always leave circuits which need a bit of tracing until last, you often find hidden circuits while testing the others. Or leave them off and wait for someone to find them for you.

They only get a certain amount if time to trace a circuit. If they do find it then great, but otherwise it's coded as a FI and added to the remedial list for me (once the client had approved the list). Normally these circuits are unmarked, so could take a good few hours to trace cables etc. If the guys are there for a few days then they normally switch off the unlabelled circuits. You normally get somebody shouting that a socket/light/spur somewhere has stopped working!

The EICR is all electronic, so once it is submitted nothing else can be attached. So the general view is that an EICR should be completed, and not MWC.

Reply to MWC or EICR in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock