Discuss My last 'non Amd 3' CU Install. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Looking outside, the SWA is not straight not one cable cleat in sight.? (just saying)

At that particular point in time it dropped down to a coil sitting on the workbench below the board ;)
The supply board is immediately to the left of this one and the cable now does a neatish loop up to it. I think it's cable tied to the upright scaffold to the left (which is the structure of the workbench and mezzanine above)

As I said its our workbench so didn't exactly get tip-top tidying

It's in a school hall, though it's the same as we fit in smaller theatres at the moment.

The job was a little behind due to waiting for the schools contractor to run (bodge) the supply in. So I ended up going back the day of the first performance of their nativity to get this fitted and a bar up as quickly as possible. We're going back to complete on the 4th I think, I'll get more pics then if I remember.

View attachment 31042
View attachment 31043
View attachment 31044View attachment 31045View attachment 31046View attachment 31047View attachment 31048

The dimmer is a 24 channel 'bypass' dimmer. It has switched to bypass the dimmer circuit for each channel to provide hard power to that outlet.
Each channel is rated for 2.4KW and protected with a 10A SPSN mcb with an RCD per bank of 12 channels.
The maximum incoming supply is 80A TP, but most installs would be fine on a 32A or even 20A TP supply.
As you can probably tell the company who make them have been absorbed into the great EATON empire!

The isolator is the supply as provided by the school's contractor (NICEIC's finest), spot the obvious mistake!
The outgoing flex in flexi conduit is my temporary bodge to get it going for the school nativity play, it'll be replaced when we go back to finish off.

Is this labeling the three brown line conductors?

Or maybe the order of the harmonized ones to the neutral?

Thanks.

nice job :wink_smile:

I keep getting bugged about replacing 3 dimmers...not really had much to do with them TBH. These ones have ABB MCB's.

Give me a shout if you want any advice or need a hand, or someone to supply the kit.
As you can see it's no different to a DB really, the only slightly technical thing is the data side of it.

Most brands use ABB I think, with a little more info I could probably tell you a bit more

It's in a school hall, though it's the same as we fit in smaller theatres at the moment.

The job was a little behind due to waiting for the schools contractor to run (bodge) the supply in. So I ended up going back the day of the first performance of their nativity to get this fitted and a bar up as quickly as possible. We're going back to complete on the 4th I think, I'll get more pics then if I remember.

View attachment 31042
View attachment 31043
View attachment 31044View attachment 31045View attachment 31046View attachment 31047View attachment 31048

The dimmer is a 24 channel 'bypass' dimmer. It has switched to bypass the dimmer circuit for each channel to provide hard power to that outlet.
Each channel is rated for 2.4KW and protected with a 10A SPSN mcb with an RCD per bank of 12 channels.
The maximum incoming supply is 80A TP, but most installs would be fine on a 32A or even 20A TP supply.
As you can probably tell the company who make them have been absorbed into the great EATON empire!

The isolator is the supply as provided by the school's contractor (NICEIC's finest), spot the obvious mistake!
The outgoing flex in flexi conduit is my temporary bodge to get it going for the school nativity play, it'll be replaced when we go back to finish off.

Looks good Dave, has the bodger got the phase rotation wrong ? :D

Well this is now the hottest thread in the last 60 days !! just saying
What was the original post about now

At that particular point in time it dropped down to a coil sitting on the workbench below the board ;)
The supply board is immediately to the left of this one and the cable now does a neatish loop up to it. I think it's cable tied to the upright scaffold to the left (which is the structure of the workbench and mezzanine above)

As I said its our workbench so didn't exactly get tip-top tidying

Well at least your honest lol, seriously it just goes to prove we can all put pieces up for all to see, everyone of us will have our own opinions on what is great, okay, rough etc, but the point I am getting at is situations, we don't know them all, you pointed out your own with the workbench.

The first job I did as a self employed spark was 4 of the previous version of the above dimmer and a complete rewire of all outgoing circuits, I'm not sure if I've got any pictures of it in progress but this is the finished article.
Each one is fed with 80A TP allowing the install to dim 96x2.4KW channels simultaneously.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451253082.618080.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451253098.966624.jpg

Well with an all RCBO board [of which I've installed quite a few] I always leave spare ways. Now can you post up a picture of one of your CU installs which I'm sure will be absolutely perfect ? But you never know,I might be able to make pointless negative observations if I can be bothered. Merry Christmas.

Wasnt having a go at the standard of your work, because in all honesty the job yo've shown is neat.

However, if you dont like leaving an unprotected way in a dual CU because a DiYer may add a shower, then surely if you left a spare way in an all RCBO board the same DIYer ciuld also add a shower, without the alll important RCD protection couldn't they?

Thats all ivwas saying.

I'd query whether the piranha nut on the incoming supply has the locking screw in place, seeing as it's done up onto a plastic enclosure. (May be out of sight.)

Thanks, I also hadn't spotted that, I'll fix it for them when we go to finish off.

At the other end of the supply the have just fitted piranha nuts and relied on the teeth biting into the metal enclosure to make the connection, which is something I'm in two minds about at the moment.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451263744.036327.jpg

Reply to My last 'non Amd 3' CU Install. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net