Discuss My last 'non Amd 3' CU Install. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Seen as this thread has become a bit of a "bitch fight" in regards of other members installs. I'll post this one up for you all to get your teeth into. No holds barred, say what you want, any pointers that you post up will be taken in good spirit and as an education from the more experienced members. (ps the grey 5 core 10mm yy cables were tied up or banded after the photo was taken).

last job.jpg

All done from scaffold btw with a really nasty boss that makes me work over Xmas and New Years (cough cough.... get your own back later :wink: )

Seen as this thread has become a bit of a "bitch fight" in regards of other members installs. I'll post this one up for you all to get your teeth into. No holds barred, say what you want, any pointers that you post up will be taken in good spirit and as an education from the more experienced members. (ps the grey 5 core 10mm yy cables were tied up or banded after the photo was taken).

View attachment 31069

All done from scaffold btw with a really nasty boss that makes me work over Xmas and New Years (cough cough.... get your own back later :wink: )

nice job Paul. How comes there is 2 generation meters?

nice job Paul. How comes there is 2 generation meters?

Customer change his mind whilst panels were being installed and went for the Bigger install. MPAN already sorted for the 2 x 25Kw inverters, another 2 x 20Kw needed to be added. The FITS payments timescale has thrown everything up in the air these past few months. God knows how the lads in the office and designers have dealt with it.

How long have you got ;)

Proteus boards!

The SWAs are evenly spaced on the vertical then bunched together on the horizontal, I can see why but it would bug the hell out of me.

Proteus, yes I know :smartass: but you can only play with the cards you are given. ps dont every try to do a central entry with swa, the busbar is in the way and you will only get frustrated trying to terminate the 25mm. Bad design imho.

SWA grouping?? Yes I know your points. Not the best, I'll look in the Part P book next time before the next install :rofl:

Customer change his mind whilst panels were being installed and went for the Bigger install. MPAN already sorted for the 2 x 25Kw inverters, another 2 x 20Kw needed to be added. The FITS payments timescale has thrown everything up in the air these past few months. God knows how the lads in the office and designers have dealt with it.

Proteus, yes I know :smartass: but you can only play with the cards you are given. ps dont every try to do a central entry with swa, the busbar is in the way and you will only get frustrated trying to terminate the 25mm. Bad design imho.

SWA grouping?? Yes I know your points. Not the best, I'll look in the Part P book next time before the next install :rofl:
Of course its badly designed, its proteus.

O wasnt thinking about grouping, just pure aesthetics.

Paul, you'd only do your liver damage if you weren't working, so it's for your own good really.

That pic's loads better than the pic you were threatening to put up if we'd done that bodge earlier...... ;)

Paul, you'd only do your liver damage if you weren't working, so it's for your own good really.

Only the brain frying and heated "chats" that we have pmsl. Well, someone has to keep you on your toes Gav!!! :wink:

That pic's loads better than the pic you were threatening to put up if we'd done that bodge earlier...... ;)

Bodge??? What bodge :aureola:. It was more like "we have found a solution to a problem whilst on a farm in the middle of nowhere with the materials we have to hand". Ok me and the apprentice will work tomorrow and get the parts from the wholesalers and get the job done lol, that is a bit easier.

Noticed how your "a bit busy tomorrow" and cant make it to gland up the 95mm 4 core + lugs!!! It will be a learning curve for Will to do the barn terminations (I'll keep an eye on him dont worry). It will be up and running by 2pm :wink:

PS, did I not bring you coffee today after getting soaked on the roof????

Seen as this thread has become a bit of a "bitch fight" in regards of other members installs. I'll post this one up for you all to get your teeth into. No holds barred, say what you want, any pointers that you post up will be taken in good spirit and as an education from the more experienced members.
I would if I had the foggiest at what I was looking at. :innocent:

Last edited:
On the Ac side does it need 4 pole isolation ?
Also as good as sunny boys are I don't like the built in dc disconnect and would also prefer an obvious iso up front just for isolation.

Good question, 4 pole AC Iso at the DB within reach and the DC Iso is on the inverter and labeled up. There is also DC Iso fused units on the roof.

Plus (down stream) there is 2 x 100A 1361 3ph fused Iso switches going into the main DB and then protected by a 200A 60947... Plenty of protection, just a pain putting labels on every bloody box in the transformer room/plant room lol.

I'm just bumping some threads in the Electrical Forum, don't mind me while I do this, you don't have to respond to them. Although if they are still current topics, and you do wish to reply, you're welcome to. Keep the thread on-topic and make sure you stick to the forum rules though.

Reply to My last 'non Amd 3' CU Install. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net