Discuss Napit complaint unresolved in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am currently dealing with napit on behalf of a customer.

She had a new cu installed several months ago by a napit registered electrician. She was charged £600. When I arrived to carry out some minor works we found several problems. The new cu was full of holes. Not labelled up. Bus bar cover sat on top. No cert left. No bonding to water.

She told me the guy plugged his tester into 1 socket in the lounge at the end of the job and said her electrics were fine. He didn't go anywhere else in the house. Took him about an hour to do. We called napit and had him sent back. He has now issued a cert for the work but left all test results boxes blank. He has also marked water bond as being done in 10 mm. He has not bonded the water pipe.

I called him and he says he can't bond the water as the stop tap is leaking slightly and he can't do any other tests than the rcd test because he knows it will fail.

I have spoken to napit again this morning and asked them to send someone to check the work after explaining what he has done.They told me it would have to be a much more serious complaint before they do anything. I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do next.

IMG_1902.JPG

trading standards might be a better way to go.

I often judge people by their paperwork and this is a classic example, it is shocking. Have NAPIT defined what a more serious complaint is and what parameters they are using. They are clearly not interested and I for one would not let it go.

What he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^S this guy is paying NAPIT hush money the sounds of it

I often judge people by their paperwork and this is a classic example, it is shocking. Have NAPIT defined what a more serious complaint is and what parameters they are using. They are clearly not interested and I for one would not let it go.
No me neither, mind if Napit did ban him they would loose income, wouldn't they? makes a mockery of the whole CPS

She couldn't tell me what a more serious complaint could be. Presumably we'd have to wait till the elderly customer has died in a fire.

I couldn't believe how unconcerned the guy was when I spoke to him. He just said there was no point testing as he new it would fail and he's done the customer a favour as it was in crap state before.

It's also a plastic cu in a cupboard under the stairs. The customer can't remember if it was before or after last January he did it but his installation cert is dated 23/3/17.

I don't want to out him on here but hopefully I'll get away with saying his surname is Pratt. Very ironic I thought

Itemise all the issues you are finding and email them, to say a more serious complaint is required is ridiculous. They must have procedures in place for this.

suerly the customer will know if it was installed anytime last year ! did she pay cash or plastic? that will tell when it was done. either plastic evidence or when she drew cash.

Stop tap is dribbling, I can't bond it. What a poor excuse. I'm amazed someone from NAPIT won't even visit. Hopefully they have at least contacted Mr Pratt for a word. On the plastic consumer unit I'd say it was definetly a problem as it could cause the occupier to become trapped if the stairs were burned away by an electrical fire. Oh and where can I buy this new telepathy installation tester that Mr Pratt seems to have? lol

Who regulates the competent person schemes? Do they need some sort of official government licence? Presumably they are there to ensure that there is compliance with statute?

Who regulates the competent person schemes? Do they need some sort of official government licence? Presumably they are there to ensure that there is compliance with statute?
they are there solely to fleece us poor sparks out of approx. £500 a year, without giving anything back. bloody parasites.

Hi - yes the CPS are registered and regulated, it's all on line if details needed. I'm guessing Mr P is savvy enough to pass his inspections and so is eligible for membership. What will be missing perhaps is the willingness within CPS community to eject a member who disregards standards when it suits. Or even investigate feedback. Add to this the Checky Whatsy band who don't publish poor reports on their tradesfolk (well they are paying them £800 a year) and here we are ...

Unbelievable behaviour. I feel sorry for the general public, who get fleeced even when trying to do the right thing.

Reply to Napit complaint unresolved in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net