NAPIT Certification Scheme Napit & na2391-5

Discuss Napit & na2391-5 in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

bristolianpasty

Guys,

I am looking at signing up with NAPIT rather than NIC because i got bought up by a NAPIT spark, and he talked very highly of them. Anyway, you can do the NAPIT 2391 course, which is obviously not as good as the city and guilds one, but now it has become the 2394 & 2395 its guna cost £1200+, and this napit one is £550 if i join as well...

Just wondered if any one has done this course? or what peoples views are on it?

Like many other sparks, no money here, so would rather save the 600 off the C&G way and do the napit one... it will still get me the NAPIT scheme so it cant be all that bad??

Cheers!

Although i normally use a swans wing for that job,i fully understand the sentiment...

GLENNSPARK surely it is worth a little something, I suppose its a cheap way of getting into napit, without doing both 2394&2395? That's what I gather, but if you go looking for a job else where they will jus laugh at you? So I suppose your tied into napit, an tied in to only doin testing for yourself...?

I think you've answered your own question . Do you want a qualification just to get into napit or one that is recognised throughout the industry . Who knows where your career will take you in the future?

2 people go for a job one has C&G 2391 the other has NA2391

Interveiwer to person with the C&G 2391: I see you have the C&G 2391 for Inspection and testing fine any other qualifications that I may want to know about?

Interviewer to the other person: Can you tell me what this NA2391 is please as it sounds like a Micky Mouse qualification to me?

Candidate: Informs the interviewer about it

Interviewer: Ah I see so it is a Micky Mouse qualification then

It's like in-house company training courses great while you work for the company but not much use elsewhere outside.

2 people go for a job one has C&G 2391 the other has NA2391

Interveiwer to person with the C&G 2391: I see you have the C&G 2391 for Inspection and testing fine any other qualifications that I may want to know about?

Interviewer to the other person: Can you tell me what this NA2391 is please as it sounds like a Micky Mouse qualification to me?

Candidate: Informs the interviewer about it

Interviewer: Ah I see so it is a Micky Mouse qualification then

It's like in-house company training courses great while you work for the company but not much use elsewhere outside.
this is about the level of it Ian...
its no good outside Napit....
and what a sly way of tying you in to their scheme because as far as i am aware you have to hold this `ticket` to carry out your part pis work with them....

Ian you have to do what you have to do but as the others have said if you can, do the C&G, they have been around along time and will be here long after the scams are weeded out.

Reply to Napit & na2391-5 in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock