Discuss NAPIT notification credits via the website. in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

NDG Elecs

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just a quick un as I am in bed ill and bored! It's just a word of warning.

Just noticed when I tried to top up my notification credits the connection is not a secure encrypted one. Tried on two different laptops and neither have the little padlock symbol in the address bar (on chrome).

So am not giving my card details no-sir-ee thank you very much.

Rang NAPIT to top up and lady is going to speak to IT dept.

Am sure it used to be encrypted, but I used to use internet explorer not chrome. May be that's the issue. Dunno.

Right, back to throwing up again!!

Shanky just email your complete ID details, everything, passport, etc, and then I'll tell you :laugh::laugh:

It shows this on smart phone:

View attachment 28674

On laptop using chrome it just lacks the padlock.
on your wifi?

this is the screen im gettinv

NAPIT notification credits via the website. {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Yep, on WiFi Shanky. The screen you put up may well differ when you actually go to the page where they are asking for your debit card details. I think that NAPITs IT dept are probably behind the times on this and have not considered Chrome as a browser. On Internet Explorer I am certain it had the encrypted padlock symbol. Will try on IE later and on wife's apple safari also.

Yep, on WiFi Shanky. The screen you put up may well differ when you actually go to the page where they are asking for your debit card details. I think that NAPITs IT dept are probably behind the times on this and have not considered Chrome as a browser. On Internet Explorer I am certain it had the encrypted padlock symbol. Will try on IE later and on wife's apple safari also.
it might be there ssl certificate is out of date and if that is the case then it will show up that error or similar regardless of browser.

you could always pay over the phone or by cheque.

ill be honest with you as long as you don't have a virus on your computer then as long as you only pay through paypal your safe (the only way people could steal your details is with a man-in-the-middle attack but to do that they would need to connect to your wifi)

your more likely to have your details stolen directly from napits database than from your end, most companies security measures are terrible.

its not unheard of for peoples card details to be kept in plaintext.

it is easy to salt/hash the data so i don't know why all companies don't do it or similar methods

Last edited:
it might be there ssl certificate is out of date and if that is the case then it will show up that error or similar regardless of browser.

you could always pay over the phone or by cheque.

ill be honest with you as long as you don't have a virus on your computer then as long as you only pay through paypal your safe (the only way people could steal your details is with a man-in-the-middle attack but to do that they would need to connect to your wifi)

your more likely to have your details stolen directly from napits database than from your end, most companies security measures are terrible.

its not unheard of for peoples card details to be kept in plaintext.

it is easy to salt/hash the data so i don't know why all companies don't do it or similar methods

Yeah, I am never happy giving card details over the phone.... I have images of the details being written down on a post it note left stuck to the monitor for a week!

I tried on IE and the cert for that is valid til 2018 so don't know what's happening with Chrome. I hear what you are saying but being originally from Manchester I am more wary of dodginess shall we say....it's inbuilt in my DNA!!!

Cheers.

Yeah, I am never happy giving card details over the phone.... I have images of the details being written down on a post it note left stuck to the monitor for a week!

I tried on IE and the cert for that is valid til 2018 so don't know what's happening with Chrome. I hear what you are saying but being originally from Manchester I am more wary of dodginess shall we say....it's inbuilt in my DNA!!!

Cheers.

you do know google logs everything you do in chrome.

i think you can manually update ssl certs but your going to have to look on the internet how to do it on chrome

Reply to NAPIT notification credits via the website. in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock