Discuss Need help with what I'm allowed to do in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Rossman0210

Hi all

new here and need some friendly advice please ....

im a fully qualified gas engineer and plumber .... About two years ago I went to able skills in dartfodd and
Done a introductory short course in domestic electrics a level 2 certificate in fundamental inspection testing and verification and also a level 3 in bs7671..... My question is what does this actually all allow me to do ???
Mainly my work consists of showers wiring boiler controls and underfloor heating circuits and maybe changing sockets and switched fuse Spurs .... Is this all acceptable to do ?? Please help

showers and UFH circuits need to be notified to building control, so you need to join a scam. niceic or the like, £500 p.a. kerrrching.

Competent?

enough so to be able to install boilers and heating systems yes ... I'm gas safe registerd so under the Same
heading I'm a competent person. Just seems strange how I can have so many qualifications yet not be able to install a shower or a circuit ? Is that the case

Hi all

new here and need some friendly advice please ....

im a fully qualified gas engineer and plumber .... About two years ago I went to able skills in dartfodd and
Done a introductory short course in domestic electrics a level 2 certificate in fundamental inspection testing and verification and also a level 3 in bs7671..... My question is what does this actually all allow me to do ???
Mainly my work consists of showers wiring boiler controls and underfloor heating circuits and maybe changing sockets and switched fuse Spurs .... Is this all acceptable to do ?? Please help

You are allowed to do anything. There seems to be this misunderstanding that you have to be qualified. Whatever you do in domestic premises comes under part P,and must comply with bs7671....including testing and certification. Some installations will need to be registered with building control, this is law. In order to do this you can either register it yourself which will cost around £300 per job, or you can join a scam such as NIC,Napit, stroma etc who will relieve you of a similar annual fee but allow you to register jobs for a couple of quid each time. These scams will assess your work and will require certain qualifications,but are really more interested in taking your money.
There is plenty of information online on which jobs require BC notification....the part P document itself can be downloaded.

Reply to Need help with what I'm allowed to do in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net