• If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss Need heros!!! Just moved in and need Rewire, kitchen, utility and bathroom updating... in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This electrician job is going for grabs, please don't post contact details in this area of the forum. Use the forum messaging system instead.
C

Carole Smith

Hi Guys,

For our sins, we have moved to Thornton-Cleveleys and are in need of a qualified electrician to carry out a re-wire and certify. Going by the trades we have met so far trust levels are not high so I thought I would stop messing about with cowboys and out a real trades man.
This is a 4 bed semi with a loft conversion so it should just need a check and cert.

We are happy for a qualified sparky to do this and have a training apprentice or two to help cut their teeth, they have to start somewhere and I prefer to pay an ex-forces than give my cash to cowboys.

If interested, please contact me. Until this is done, we cannot even unpack!!

Very good of you Carole, bit too far for me and at my age probably couldn't stand the pace of a rewire that big
same here. what we need pete, is to get someone to do a rewire for ,say, £3000, we certify and charge £5000. a grand apiece. :p

same here. what we need pete, is to get someone to do a rewire for ,say, £3000, we certify and charge £5000. a grand apiece. :p

Hi, Thank you for your reply, it is sad that you are so far away and I have to admit, it is a big job.
I have had to hunt for this site, I knew there would be one where the good guys hang out! As an ex-army baby, I learned from an early age that we look after our own. There is no way will I will employ anyone who is not ex-forces, this is the wild west and standards are not what I would class as anywhere near

I have made contact with a gentleman who will call around tonight, all I need now is a chippy and we should be sorted.
Good luck with getting work where you are.

many regards, Carole

with all due respect to services personnel, i agree with Rob. army guys can shoot straighter than me, but can they tighten a terminal screw correctly?

I have to agree with Rob on this one. I'm ex forces and I get where you're coming from. A lot of ex forces have only carried out a short course and there's quite a few out there that frankly can't even be trusted to tie their own shoelaces.

You have to remember that to become an electrician takes years, not weeks. It's not just a case of a few wires and what could possibly go wrong.

There are some excellent tradesmen and women on here, please don't exclude them because they've never served.

Reply to Need heros!!! Just moved in and need Rewire, kitchen, utility and bathroom updating... in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net