Discuss Neff Oven Bulb Change Causes Fan to Stop Working in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Bevilready

Hi,
Please can someone advise me about the following issue I have had. I have a Neff U1644 double oven of which the light had stopped working in the top, small oven. I had a spare bulb to replace the one that I believe to have failed but unfortunately the filament in the new bulb was broken too. I put the old bulb back in hoping that it may have just been loose and turned the oven on. Once again the light didn't work. I then stupidly started to remove the bulb without turning off the oven and with the first turn the glass and the fitting separated and there was a small bang. Needless to say the consumer unit had tripped and after managing to remove what was left of the bulb from the holder, I turned the power back on and reset the clock. However, I have now noticed that the fan doesn't work on the top oven although both elements still warm up. The bottom oven works fine. I was wondering what I may have caused. Could it be that the fan motor was taken out during the short circuit? Or could there be something more simple? If someone could help me out it will get me out of the dog house with the wife. Thanks.

It sounds like the connections behind the lamp may have broken free or twisted together, the fault may have blown the issue clear but not resolved it, I recommend you get someone in to strip you oven down and check the safety of the internal wiring, the fan may have been looped off a common connection and is thus affected. Just in case there is an issue I recommend you leave the power to the oven off until its been confirmed safe to use.

Reply to Neff Oven Bulb Change Causes Fan to Stop Working in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net