Discuss Neutral-Earth voltage in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Whilst i can only recommend i just think a new consumer unit would enhance the safety of the installation. It would be more accessible, provide extra ways for circuits that are doubled up. There seems to be quite a few sockets that are spured of an already unfused spur from the ring. I was going to suggest splitting the ring into two radials, but again there is no room in the current unit. If im classing the boiler supply as a C2 and the customer wants a report that is satisfactory i really cant see how i am going to go about replacing the MCB for one of a lower rating

Nice!

Don't get yourself into the customer wants a satisfactory report game. Take the advice I was given when it went pear shaped for me. Report and if they want the work doing, quote for it as a separate work item.

If you can't squeeze a new MCB in that board, then could you not take an SFCU from the ring close to the boiler and then disconnect that circuit at the CU?

Don't get yourself into the customer wants a satisfactory report game. Take the advice I was given when it went pear shaped for me. Report and if they want the work doing, quote for it as a separate work item.

If you can't squeeze a new MCB in that board, then could you not take an SFCU from the ring close to the boiler and then disconnect that circuit at the CU?
Not without alot of disruption to decoration, that consumer unit is a nightmare to work in. Its just about accessible for the user if anything trips.

Did they build the stairs around the DB?
That is a tight space and with that stupid shaped shelf that doesn't help changing the board will be as much work if not more!
Question 2 Is the husband still around or has she buried him?

Did they build the stairs around the DB?
That is a tight space and with that stupid shaped shelf that doesn't help changing the board will be as much work if not more!
Question 2 Is the husband still around or has she buried him?
Yeah he's still around, he was giving it the " i dont know why she wants this work done its been fine for years " line, when i was there. Thinking of moving the DB directly under that shelf if possible. I certainly wouldnt want to keep it in there

The customer is aware that if they require a satisfactory report then they are going to have to spend more money to have the remedial work done. Once i have copied the report from draft form i am going to have a sit down with them to discuss there options

I think I'd get my bill in before talking though any of it with them to be honest

Reply to Neutral-Earth voltage in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock