Discuss New 17th edition mcb in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sorry, my finger slipped before I completed the details.
Ideally I want 3no 6 amp, 1no 16 amp, 1no 40 amp and 2no 32 amp mcb's.
The existing board is an elderly Wylex and fitted in a recess about 80mm deep.
It was formerly a council house so there are a lot of similar installations.
Thanks for any assistance.
MM

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

you are the gas fitter right!

Guessing that you want a CU with the Foot Print of your measurment or near as
and so many MCBs and you are adding RCD too right

Best you look at rcbo boards then.

Edit. So you are a gas man, so get a decent spark involved

Last edited by a moderator:
Best you look at rcbo boards then.

Edit. So you are a gas man, so get a decent spark involved
Yes Murdoch , I am predominantly a gasman. I am also part P full scope so I could do the job but don't have the test kit anymore.
I have a spark to do the job but he is more familiar with standard boards.
If I can find one that will fit the available space then life would be easier.

Yes Murdoch , I am predominantly a gasman. I am also part P full scope so I could do the job but don't have the test kit anymore.
I have a spark to do the job but he is more familiar with standard boards.
If I can find one that will fit the available space then life would be easier.

hum........

Reply to New 17th edition mcb in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all. Looking to refresh the MCB and RCCB (100A 30mA) units to my 20 year old Contactum P12/100N CU installed in my house. I have presently a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Sorry if this has already been answered previously If one of our maintenance technicians currently has 17th edition, is he still allowed...
Replies
Views
Hi. A few years ago we had a full house rewiring done by an electrician who issued a certificate for the work. He also left in the consumer unit...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have supplied my Shed with a 6mm SWA cable into a nice consumer unit. In there I have a 6Amp MCB for the lights and a 16 A supplying a...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks , Just looking for a bit of advice as I'm looking to get back on the tools so please bare with me if this is a bit long winded. I'm a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock