Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss New Apprentice here! JIB Guidelines good? in the New Member Introductions area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Ross M

Ross M New EF Member

So I will be starting my first apprenticeship soon to become a fully qualified electrician in approximately 4 years (according to my Employer and the apprenticeship provider)

Wanted to introduce myself as a complete newbie in hopes of some enlightenment from more experienced professionals that circulate this forum.

My apprenticeship will be with a Fire and Security company and the qualifications i will gain will be at an advanced level 3 diploma from City & Guilds, the company is following the JIB standards and works with a well known Apprenticeship provider to do this.

From my currently very limited knowledge of all this i am very excited to get underway and start my apprenticeship this summer.

From what I've read the JIB apprentice salary guidelines are better than the standard apprentice wages around the UK, is this correct?

I will be posting more on here hopefully and I'd like to contribute to the community as much as possible and I wish the best of luck to everyone out there in this field.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Vortigern

Vortigern Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    Well good for you! I sincerely hope you stick with it and succeed. It is a great opportunity and can lead to a really good career. It will take more than four years though to really be an electrician who can go out on their own and turn their hand to any problem. In fact there are so many areas to get into I doubt anyone is a true master so to speak.

3. Wilko

Wilko Gorillas are Great Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    Welcome Ross :)

4. LankyWill

LankyWill Electrician's Arms

Well done lad, stick with it and picture the end result when times get tough. You will start the apprenticeship a boy and finish it a man with a mildly disturbed sense of humour. In all honesty being an apprentice was probably the easiest and funest time I've had. Enjoy the ride and soak it up! Good luck.

5. Rpa07

Rpa07 1000 posts only 44653 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    Welcome, great first post. Spelling and grammar correct. You'll go a long way. You're a keeper.
    Enjoy your 4 years and get on here daily and soak up the archive threads as they are true gems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    Welcome to the forums :)