Discuss New Apprentice here! JIB Guidelines good? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

Ross M

So I will be starting my first apprenticeship soon to become a fully qualified electrician in approximately 4 years (according to my Employer and the apprenticeship provider)

Wanted to introduce myself as a complete newbie in hopes of some enlightenment from more experienced professionals that circulate this forum.

My apprenticeship will be with a Fire and Security company and the qualifications i will gain will be at an advanced level 3 diploma from City & Guilds, the company is following the JIB standards and works with a well known Apprenticeship provider to do this.

From my currently very limited knowledge of all this i am very excited to get underway and start my apprenticeship this summer.

From what I've read the JIB apprentice salary guidelines are better than the standard apprentice wages around the UK, is this correct?

I will be posting more on here hopefully and I'd like to contribute to the community as much as possible and I wish the best of luck to everyone out there in this field.

Thanks!

Well good for you! I sincerely hope you stick with it and succeed. It is a great opportunity and can lead to a really good career. It will take more than four years though to really be an electrician who can go out on their own and turn their hand to any problem. In fact there are so many areas to get into I doubt anyone is a true master so to speak.

Well done lad, stick with it and picture the end result when times get tough. You will start the apprenticeship a boy and finish it a man with a mildly disturbed sense of humour. In all honesty being an apprentice was probably the easiest and funest time I've had. Enjoy the ride and soak it up! Good luck.

Welcome, great first post. Spelling and grammar correct. You'll go a long way. You're a keeper.
Enjoy your 4 years and get on here daily and soak up the archive threads as they are true gems.

Reply to New Apprentice here! JIB Guidelines good? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock