Discuss new build 1st fixing with insulation! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Was going to post something, but see Lee's been cutting & pasting (go on, where u orrffh Lee?) :)

Long time since I've done a job on timber framed, and even lived in one for a while. I seem to recall, there is a 30mm service void between the back of the finished plasterboard and the timber frame/celotex etc?

I suspect this builder has done a few before, but has probably fallen out with his resident electrician (electrician has found out about the builders mark up), and is now trying to find another sparks to chuck in a few wires, like you do.

Hmm yes I had a similar issue with an outbuilding installation, it looks like you can use oval conduit and some crampets on insulation that looks like solid foam.
the roofing looks to have chicken wire which the will need to move.
I wont over think it just relax and tell them what you need doing to make your life easier.
If the builder does not want to facilitate your requirements you may want to move on.
I recently had a job whereby all the ground floor wiring was being move and chopped to such an extent during a refurb the builder did not understand the need to have a rewire so i said what i wanted to do and moved onto the next job.

only ever done 2 all inclusives. the only drinks included in the deal were watered down vodka (and i use the term vodka loosely) and some cat pi$$ lager called EFS. any decent booze cost an arm and a leg extra. like £6.00 for a blended cheapo scotch.

You gotta go to Greece or Cyprus. When we went to Rhodes, my bartender got to know my requirements, and filled my glass accordingly, more spirit less mixer & ice. Shouldn't have ice anyway, 'cos its made from local tap water, bad for you.

Incidentally, from a purely photographic experience, I got up early one morning, to record the rising sun. It was only later, I realised some perve' had got the jump on me;

DSC00134.JPG

only ever done 2 all inclusives. the only drinks included in the deal were watered down vodka (and i use the term vodka loosely) and some cat pi$$ lager called EFS. any decent booze cost an arm and a leg extra. like £6.00 for a blended cheapo scotch.

PS you should of tried the local Brandy Sours, better than meths.

Reply to new build 1st fixing with insulation! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net