Discuss New Gas meter fitted at factory - Earth Bonding Q in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

I had a similar thing at my house when my meter needed replacing. Told him the reg specified 'on entry to building'. He disagreed. I told him to do one.

(once he'd turned my gas back on!)

A plumber I worked with said the same. The gas regs say it has to be at the meter. He put on his gas cert that it didn't comply being at point of entry.
Yep I think they've had some 'training' on this. So now when they change a meter, instead of ripping off the earth clamp & cable and leave it dangling in the wind, they're demanding to see the camp & earth on their gas pipe in the meter box.

Reply to New Gas meter fitted at factory - Earth Bonding Q in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

A 'Sunday challenge' for the qualified electricians.... Can anyone explain why a built-in gas meter housing box that is located 600mm above a...
Replies
Views
Just had a boiler put in on a grant scheme. Water main earth bonding was connected in with the existing gas bonding's pipe clamp on the outlet...
Replies
Views
Evening all, new to the forum. I have a question regarding the location of the earth bonding clamp on a gas meter, I know it is supposed to be...
Replies
Views
Hi guys bit of advice needed to save me some time and money. Earthing and bonding required in new build property. 10mm earth to be ran to gas...
Replies
Views
Happy New Year guys! I have a situation at a pool installation. A pool is being built in a separate building from a house. It has (I have...
Replies
Views
S

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock