Discuss New Home - Advise Needed in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

DaniQ

-
Reaction score
My partner and I have bought our first home and it's in need of a complete refurbishment.

It is a bit daunting and we need help. We live in Scotland and we don't have family or close friends here to help or advise and we have so many questions.

My question now is about the status of the electrics in the new house. Does this consumer unit meet all the regulations?

I'm considering to move this consumer unit 75cms away to be able to knock down a cupboard to make space for the kitchen. Could this CU be reallocated or would i need to buy a new one?

Thank you,
Consumer Unit - https://ibb.co/fnT3xv

Consumer Unit.jpg

20170607_134412.jpg

Last edited:
Does your cooker point have a socket aswell as a switch as it doesn't appear to on an rcd?

I'm expecting to get the keys in a week. I'm not sure about the cooker. The cupboards in the kitchen must be 40-50 years old and there is not cooker at the moment.

:p:p
o danny boy, their two hopes bob hope & no hope are you thinking of moving that c /u of that wall when their is dno cut out has well or are we missing some thing !
Please rephrase as I don't think the op has that much electrical knowledge to know who the distribution network operator is let alone the acronym for them :p;)

The consumer unit can be relocated and replaced while you are at it. The cut out can also be moved but your service provider would have to undertake this at a cost.

Reply to New Home - Advise Needed in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net