Discuss New house in Portugal in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

MylesOD

Hi,
my friend has got a new house in Portugal, it has no mains to it yet but will do shortly. They are supplying a 15A supply. Can the instillation be wired in twin+earth etc. I can't seem to find the regulations on Google. And can you just fit a 17th edition DB over there. Changing the main switch from 100A?

what use is a 15A supply. that wouldn't even feed my weed farm.:party:

Can you elaborate on the type/size of house?

If this is a 'normal' house where you expect to use appliances such as a kettle, toaster, etc, the 15A isn't going to go very far at all, as Tel says. On the other hand, if this is some remote hillside shack, and the supply is just to power a few lights and maybe a radio, then it might just about be sufficient.

Not sure why you'd need to change a 100A main switch, the 100A is the maximum current it can be used for, and does not refer to any limit at which it will trip out.

He already has a house that he lives in. This is a rural holiday home. I explained about how low 15A is in regard to the cooker and kettle. Both will be gas. It was more a question of is twin and earth acceptable to use and if the like the disconnecor to be the same rating as the main fuse. They seem to use copex and basically any colour of cable they have.

Yep 15A and 20A single phase domestic supplies aren't uncommon elsewhere in the world. I've seen high density African housing fed on a maypole distribution system and each premises receives a 10A supply on a 1mmsq incoming cable.

Here's a couple of links to previous threads about Portugal. Info is a bit thin I'm afraid.

http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...ks/29414-portugal-electrical-regulations.html
http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...ctrical-forum/12051-portugal-wiring-regs.html

Reply to New house in Portugal in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock