Discuss New house wiring ideas in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

we usually go higher than this, our steps extend to over 6m up (tripple extender)

:
New house wiring ideas {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

your arse gets twitchy when your near the top and it starts to sway

I worked in a factory putting a PA system in for a fortnight. The cables were run in the perlins down the center of the A frame roof. I was on 3m triples but opened into an A frame with the third set extended right up (like an upside down Y) To reach the roof i had to be stood forth rung from the top.

It was awful.

I worked in a factory putting a PA system in for a fortnight. The cables were run in the perlins down the center of the A frame roof. I was on 3m triples but opened into an A frame with the third set extended right up (like an upside down Y) To reach the roof i had to be stood forth rung from the top.

It was awful.
that's not fun, i refuse to use that set we have as an A-frame unless i have someone footing it and tied the brace. (it pops out sometimes)

i will happily use them fully extended as a ladder but not as an A-frame well technicallly an upside down Y frame

That was my agreement.... not much you can do when you look round and see your 'footer' stood by the window on his blower! iirc thats the only time i have ever feigned sickness and it got my nowhere because the job was just put on hold till i was well again!

Ahh the joys of being the company bitch. I don't miss it for one second!

Its been the standard for quite a few years especially in the prestigious houses but obviously not in the Middle East lol
dont be scared of new technology..

We have more than enough of what you call ''New Technology'' on our projects, and it's fine while it works, unfortunately much of it doesn't work for too long. It's often one of the banes of our 12 month warranty periods. It's nothing to do with being ''Scared'' of new technology, more a case of being aware of the cost vs reliability issues. At the moment much of this stuff doesn't stack up too well...

You obviously haven't been to the Middle East then, you don't get much more prestigious houses than you'll find in that part of the world, at least the owners of those properties have the money to continually change from one system to the next. ... lol!!

On Southern Electric I remember fitting the Electretech system that they came out with in the 80s/early 90s , it was problematic , cost fortunes and was scrapped within 4 years or so , so all the cables etc that went in are redundant...

I and probably many others would like to invest in some sort of system that will always be around , but these things just seem to come and go and cost lots as well and your left with having to deal with issues afterwards...

That was 30 years ago.. I don't have such problems with the KNX systems I'm involved with but then they are well designed and installed.. lol

That was 30 years ago.. I don't have such problems with the KNX systems I'm involved with but then they are well designed and installed.. lol

Not that much difference today!!

So what sort of costs are we talking about here for these KNX systems?? Perhaps we'll find out why 99.9% of new builds don't include this new technology!! ...lol!

Smaller houses don't need a lutron or KNX system can go for stand alone Dali switches and devices for a fraction of the cost.. lol

radial for your freezer and stick it on a MCB so it never trips (obviously not a dual board!!)

Reply to New house wiring ideas in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock