Discuss New Inspection and Testing Courses?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good Evening All

Has anyone heard or know of the current 2394 and 2395 Inspection and Testing Courses being changed for new ones? The only reason I ask is that someone mentioned it today, but I've not heard nothing and can't find anything on the internet.
Can anyone shed any light on this please?
Thanks

Good Evening All

Has anyone heard or know of the current 2394 and 2395 Inspection and Testing Courses being changed for new ones? The only reason I ask is that someone mentioned it today, but I've not heard nothing and can't find anything on the internet.
Thanks
I've just finished both the 2394/95 courses and my lecturer made no mention of it.

Good Evening All

Thanks
That's odd, I've noticed that the 'Exam Success: 2394 and 2395' revision book has been discontinued too. . . ?

Strange as I've not heard anything either, I've just done my 2394 and 2395 to refresh my memory and Inspection and Testing skills, I got my 2391 in 2004 but hadn't done an EICR for a long time so thought I'd best get upto date. The new 18th Edition Regs has been mentioned and was informed about that.

i think it may just be a name change, I was told that c&g no longer had the monopoly on these exams and as such it was no longer 2394/95 but was now initial verification and inspecting and testing. I think they are both now multiple choice as well.

There's a multiple choice exam for your first unit which can be used for each qualification, then you have a written exam for each qualification and then a practical for each qualification. I found it very beneficial to do these even having my 2391, it is just basically the 2391 split into two and all the current upto date regs, I did my 2391 in 2004 so a lot has changed since then, not so much the testing side but the inspection and classifications, it was good to do and it's now got me on the learning train and I'm doing my 2396 in the summer and can't wait :grinning:

Hi - yes, I would like to do this as a refresher, but in truth I'm struggling to find a spare grand for the fees :(

That's what I was thinking, it's an expensive refresher. I would think that spending a few quid on the literature needed for the course would be a good compromise for someone who already holds the 2391.

Just passed 2394 & 5 multi-choice and written. Must admit I just sneaked the 2395 written and if I'm honest should spend more time and do it again. Just makes me hungry to learn more. Interesting that much of the focus is on the roles and subtle differences between the EIC & EICR rather than the actual testing.

Unfortunately gone are the days when companies used to pay for the courses and would send you on them all to keep you upto date, now they tell you what courses they want you to do and you've got to fund it.

. . . . And then don't appreciate you, when you have them, enough to pay a decent wage! Still, glad you've got the spark of learning back @MerlinGremlin, you sounded 'reet' grumpy on that other thread!

I paid £900 at Hull college in 2014 for the combined course. I imagine it's gone up since then, especially as they announced a £10m loss last week.

Yes I know! My wife was marketing manager there up until Dec 16. She defected to Hull Uni.

Things are grim for the college unfortunately.

Reply to New Inspection and Testing Courses?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net