Discuss New kitchen electrics issue - was i ripped off on this job? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

One thing you could do, to put your mind at rest, is google the "competent persons" website, and look up the individual who did the electrics. Such work in a kitchen is covered by Part P and the individual is required to be registered with a scheme.

no logos on invoice.

yes the competent person who dont the work gave me invoice on invoice in the job it says + electrical certificate to comply to current regs. ( i am waiting for a call back regarding this but assume the cert will be issued in the post when some one has been to inspect the job:)

no logos on invoice.

yes the competent person who dont the work gave me invoice on invoice in the job it says + electrical certificate to comply to current regs. ( i am waiting for a call back regarding this but assume the cert will be issued in the post when some one has been to inspect the job:)

This is interesting?

I would have hoped the 'competent person' would have inspected and tested it themselves.

i dont know

whats odd is my dad had his whole house re wired but his friend who is an electrician who charged just 500labour for the lot after someone came to inspect it and he got his certificate. they were testing it is they went along and were writing different figures down etc

This is interesting?

I would have hoped the 'competent person' would have inspected and tested it themselves.

Sounds like he used a SWA cable to feed the cooker (thick black shielded power cable from fuse box to cooker).
Unusual, wonder why?

Last edited:
i dont know

whats odd is my dad had his whole house re wired but his friend who is an electrician who charged just 500labour for the lot after someone came to inspect it and he got his certificate. they were testing it is they went along and were writing different figures down etc
well there are certain instances (such as grid ceilings etc)...where inspection and testing is goin on during install but for a domestic i would fully expect that the installation process reaches its conclusion...then its the inspection stage...then testing and functional checks before handover (including making the client aware of functional switching devices (including MCBs,..RCDs,..RCBOs etc)......

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! springs to mind.
Matty if I were you I would google his name or his company name RIGHT NOW the result should take you to his entry on one of the scheme providers websites. Let us know the result and we will advise accordingly

Reply to New kitchen electrics issue - was i ripped off on this job? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net