Discuss new light circuit garage in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

georges

looked at ajob to fit 2 new flouresents on a new circuit in a garage db has 3036 fuses fitted and already has sockets in garage. the feed is from a 17th edition twin rcd board on a 40a mcb on tt earthing at the house end only. main earth bonding to water is 6mm. was going to fit new circuit with 6a 3036 fuse in garage and upgrade main bonding in house to 10mm any thoughts

no need to upgrade bonding on a TT if it's 6mm. a 2nd rod at the garage end would help to bring the Ze down . are there extraneous conductive parts in garage ( water etc.) ?

so , with a Ze of 110 ohms, your pefc is just over 2A. i'm sure the earthing and bonding in the house can take that! bang a decent ( 2 screwed together, 5/8") rod in near the garage. combine with existing TT, then see how low you can go with your Ze.

try and miss the buried SWA. :santa_cheesy:

Reply to new light circuit garage in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Just wanted to know which people use. My case. Client converting attached garage into new rooms. Consumer Unit has to move to accomodate this...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here. Straight down to it.. A friend asked me to add some sockets and additional lights to a small...
Replies
Views
hi thank you for help in advance have a potential pv installation for a garage roof that is some 60m from the main house (main incomer in the...
Replies
Views
Hi My main feed comes into the garage, feeds into the meter and then out to another box with a 60AMP fuse then into the house...
Replies
Views
Hi all, First post here, hope I'm compliant with the rules! I did do a quick search before asking this, but I couldn't quite come up with the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock